The start of something new

How did you come up with the angle to mount the shock?From what it looks like to me if it was changed more upright it would even it out making bike ride better.

I actually used the factory mounting locations... very little in the way of modifications. I had to grind down the mounting pass-through on the shock and that was it. Still the ride is really nice.. just firm enough so you feel the road under you.

Patriot, killer job on this. I'm doing a similar build on my 82 maxim.
I was wondering how much difficulty you had with the wiring and location of the battery box?
That damn monoshock goes right through the middle of everything. I'm going to put the battery box where you did, but was wondering A) how difficult it was to clear the chain. and B) did you remove the connectors, cut all the wires back and solder them directly to eachother so you don't have that mass of wire?

I know it's a lot, but would you be willing to take a closer photo of the wiring or front of the battery box? I feel like I just have so much shit to fit right in that area.

Hey patriot how is the new seat coming along? Do you have a picture of the entire bike with the new shcok?

Back