Time to start a bobber build thread

I think it works for the bike.

Usually I'm not a fan of sissy bars, but this one looks pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

have the feeling this one's gonna be a back breaker though, with that seat with the tiny springs.. but I guess that just adds to the masculinity of it? :D

Thanks Willem that's what I thought. Its odd enough to work. As far as the sissy bar goes my boy wanted to be able to strap down a bed roll in case we go anywhere. I think it works with the bike even though I prefer them on long bikes ;) . And its a back breaker by design I figure if he goes to fast he's gonna pay for it in more ways than one

finally figured out my $4 turn signals got some LED strips that came off a kawasaki a friend gave me and have been trying to mount them so they look good on the bike I bought a foot of 1/2" copper tubing and cut it in half and then drilled holes where the led bulbs where then formed it to the sissy bar now all it needs is for the sissy bar to be drilled and tapped to hold them on. (no the black tape is not permenent ;)). then a little more persuasion to get them formed tighter on the sides and painted black with the bar

and when you hook them up to a 9V battery they look like this

we built a mount for the headlight and gauges last night. thinking about raising the headlight about an inch but haven't decided yet (let me know what you think) don't want it hitting the gauge on a big bump though

when we pulled it off the table there was some major ground shrinkage ;) here it is next to my little sportster chop

I personally prefer the headlight to be higher, so it can be aimed down onto the road when on lowbeam, and way down the road on high. But I ride a fair bit at night on rural roads, so function comes before form for me...

I just wanted to throw it out there that that bike is bad ass and kudos for not taking the easy way out with the tank man just knowing that puts a different touch on the bike for me

Thanks jacjr I'm trilled with the way the tank turned out!!! I had made some oil tanks before but this was totally different!!

Thanks Dave and lucky for the comments I hope the light placement doesn't affect the function of it too much if it does then we will definitely be moving it to a more "traditional" placement as far as the gauges go yes they are in low and tight but they are visible in the working range you can see the speedo between 25-110 and the tach between 3000-1100 rpms. Granted neither would be considered ideal but then I cut off the rear suspension for a hard tail so I guess I'm following the form over function motif and I dance to a different drum ;) :D:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

well its been hard to get any work done on the bike with the kids going back to school it seems like all ive done for the last two months is run them around but I have snuck out to the shop a couple of times to get some work done!!!!

got the neck gusset tacked in place

finally did end up buying some parts but then I end up altering them:doh: heres the brake lever it started out as a $10clutch lever I fliped it over for the brake and then ground the dumbell on the end of the cable to fit then drilled a hole and adapted the brake light switch

Back