tryin to blow out carbs post lemon party and have a quandry

Gregory

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So im cleaning up these carbs and have a wuestion. Looking at the carbs from the back there are four holes, not counting the one shaped like a cashew on top. can anyone clarify for me what these openings do? It looks to me like the top left and right are vents for the float chamber. it looks like the bottom left is the air main or air pilot. whats the bottom right hole? i boiled em in lemon juice, washed them off with soap and water, and am blowing out all the passageways. so im putting compressed air through that bottom right hole and its plugged up and not releasing. no air is going through it. is it not an air jet? thanks peeps.

Curved port is for the slide diaphragm. 2 below should be chamber vents. 2 below those are for main and pilot...... I think.

The bottom left jet ( facing the carbs) is the pilot air jet. For the 77-79 carbs it should be 170. The one on the right is a fixed air jet for main. Both need to be clean and free on junk. Did you completely disassemble and split the carbs before dipping them?

Attachments

• 20040911-carbs_cutaway.gif
    20040911-carbs_cutaway.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 145
Back