Valve/rocker cover

Do you mean the tappet cover or the rocker box. It has to be a matched set with the head, otherwise where the cam rides won't be even. All heads and rocker boxes are stamped with a code for a matched set.

I thought rocker boxes and tappet covers were the same thing?

$(KGrHqUOKiEE5dCn,Kj(BOh93CkDb!~~60_12.JPG

this is what i'm replacing.

Last edited:
Tappet covers are the little covers for the valve adjustments. Rocker boxes are what you show, at least thats what I have always been told. Also they need to be matched to the head.

Attachments

• DSC01580.jpg
    DSC01580.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC01581.jpg
    DSC01581.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 217
I'm missing one of these "tappet covers (?)" also. One of four on the engine. What problems could result with one left off for an extended period of time in the elements?

Last edited:
Rusty rockers, water and dirt in engine bees nests. I have seen all sorts of crap in engines that have been left out in the weather:doh: If you need a tappet cover I have them for cheap:wink2:

Rusty rockers, water and dirt in engine bees nests. I have seen all sorts of crap in engines that have been left out in the weather:doh: If you need a tappet cover I have them for cheap:wink2:

Give me a price to 72176 on the tappet cover please! What else ya got? I'll need blinkers front and back if I get her running. >81' Heritage Special< Thanks!

Back