Vm34s on xs400 sohc

Curseduth

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topic is vm34s on a sohc. So I know most folks will say..blah blah blah too big for the Xs, but they are what I have..

What is a good place to start on jetting. Open cone filters, mildly ported head, open exhaust for now (will have some drop in baffles eventually) I have searched and did not really find anything useful. I know someone on here has used them, they may not be the best carbs for it but help a brother out..

Did your search turn up this thread? http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13018

Apparently he got the 34s working, but your own blah blah blah's apply.

No the search didn't, and I knew that thread existed as I had read it before but then couldn't find it again. I swear using the search and uploading more than one picture on this forum is like black magic.. Many thanks.

And after reading and rereading that thread it is about setting up vm30s not 34s. Because of the blah blah blah statements. I know folks have used them on the Kawasaki 400s but I guess that information won't be found here...

Well it starts with them, full bore runs ok..but way too much fuel as half the gas tank seems to be in the crankcase while trying to figure out the tune.

Back