What are these bikes worth?

hjennings

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently building an XS400 bobber/cafe project and I've sunk probably way too much money into it. My question to you is what are these bikes worth when done up right? I'm talking a really nice, clean, professionally built bobber/cafe XS400... what do they usually go for? Ballpark range.

I've searched the forums and eBay for some examples but haven't found anything yet.

:bike:

Thanks! Those all look like clean stock bikes, though. I'm wondering about modified versions. Just wondering what the bobber/cafe/brat style bikes go for.

A clean pre-80 stock bike will get a good price as they are much more desirable than the "special" models. A lot of people want to build there own bikes these day but you may find some hipster that will pay $1500 for a "custom bike":wink2: Personally I would pay less for a non-stock bike.

That's why I said a professional build. Something high quality. Maybe something like the ones pictured here. Just wondering what the market was like for these types of bikes.

Attachments

• Yamaha2.jpg
    Yamaha2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Yamaha3.jpg
    Yamaha3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Yamaha4.jpg
    Yamaha4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Yamaha5.jpg
    Yamaha5.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Yamaha8.jpg
    Yamaha8.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 131
  • Yamahabobber.jpg
    Yamahabobber.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 148
mines insured for £2.5k and still have peeps wanting to buy it.

So it all depends how badly they want your bike

btw My bike came 2nd best in Show yesterday :)

I'm hoping mine is worth near what I have in it.....but I'm not holding my breath.

I have about $2500 into my 79 and might be able to get $2k for it if I am lucky:laugh: But I have had it 15yrs and put 11K miles on it myself:)

Yeah I have close to $2k in mine (and the bike was given to me for free!) and I haven't done paint yet. I'm just curious as to how long I can keep telling my girlfriend, "It's worth more than what I have in it." ;)

Yeah I have close to $2k in mine (and the bike was given to me for free!) and I haven't done paint yet. I'm just curious as to how long I can keep telling my girlfriend, "It's worth more than what I have in it." ;)

I'm at the point where I have a very nice, good looking, well kept bike....so obviously it's time for me to blow it apart and do a full restore.

You almost never get out what you put in unless you do a lot of riding with it. I have about $1200 in my 80 and still maybe able to get $1500 for it to the right guy. But I built it to ride and keep:)

I'm at the point where I have a very nice, good looking, well kept bike....so obviously it's time for me to blow it apart and do a full restore.

The hardest thing is finding all the correct factory parts to do it:doh: That's where all my money went.

Factory parts? Well I have an '81 XS400, 79XS400 carbs, XS750 rotors, a Harley muffler, GSXr triple tree, tubes/forks, front brakes, R6 rear brakes, R1 pegs, custom lights, and several other small custom parts and pieces. :D

:laugh:Frankenbike:thumbsup: You don't see many of these getting a factory resto, that's why. After 35 years people put all sorts of different stuff on them:laugh:

Back