What did you do with your XS today?

If I had the cash I would order thse dunlops.
They have a realy aggressive tread and you could probably ride them in snow if you wanted to.

Attachments

• 0000_dunlop agressive tire.jpg
    0000_dunlop agressive tire.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 204
Tonight I wrapped my exhaust, it really makes the bike look much better. I didn't exactly have enough gas to burn the wraps in all the way so it still looks fairly unbalanced haha No pics. Still trying to figure out why I am only getting 11.5v at my safety relay:banghead:

Took the XS to a concert (Dweezil Zappa, Frank Zappa's son) on Saturday. An hour ride one-way, in the pitch dark and pouring rain at about 6 C temps. Regretted it already after 5 minutes when my boots contained more water than the average ocean, and I could squeeze liquid from my gloves as if they were oranges. Same story on the way back.. should've taken the train instead

Put a brake stay arm off a 79 2-F on the 80. With a little tweeking it fit great. It also weighs 9oz less that the stock one:thumbsup: So far I have pulled just under 5lbs off the bike since it went into storage:) With 3lbs being un-sprung weight:bike:

Attachments

• DSC02227.jpg
    DSC02227.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC02228.jpg
    DSC02228.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 197
Took the XS to a concert (Dweezil Zappa, Frank Zappa's son) on Saturday. An hour ride one-way, in the pitch dark and pouring rain at about 6 C temps. Regretted it already after 5 minutes when my boots contained more water than the average ocean, and I could squeeze liquid from my gloves as if they were oranges. Same story on the way back.. should've taken the train instead

Kinda makes you feel like should have worn a wet suit? I'm too much of a Fair Weather rider. If it's not at least dry with no chance of rain I'm takein the car. But I'd sure like to try a trike or side car year round. Those Russian Ural's come to mind.:shrug::bike::bike::bike:

Put a brake stay arm off a 79 2-F on the 80. With a little tweeking it fit great. It also weighs 9oz less that the stock one:thumbsup: So far I have pulled just under 5lbs off the bike since it went into storage:) With 3lbs being un-sprung weight:bike:

I've been thinking of takeing some weight off my bike lately as well. (Dr's Suggestion):shrug: Atleast 40 lbs:yikes::yikes:

How was the concert - please don't tell me Moon Unit did back-up vocals ... :laugh:

haha yea what crazy names that family has :laugh:

but unfortunately no, moon wasn't there. Scheila Gonzalez was, and she was great. Overall the concert was good, but after they played the entire Roxy&Elsewhere record (which I barely know songs of already) there was about two hours of songs I'd never heard before, until the encore with zombie woof and cosmik debris. Three hours of Zappa is exhausting, even if you know it all so I ended up cutting it short and going for that ride (or should I say swim) home :shrug:

last year's concert was better :thumbsup:

So when I last posted, I think I started soaking my pistons. So two weeks or so, I finally got back to em, and was surprise d at how I found them. Icy! So now I am soaking the second one (left one) for a day or two. (In simple green).

So the one on the left was sitting in the SG solution.

Attachments

• IMG_20131112_160757.jpg
    IMG_20131112_160757.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20131112_183454.jpg
    IMG_20131112_183454.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20131112_183107.jpg
    IMG_20131112_183107.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20131112_183540.jpg
    IMG_20131112_183540.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20131112_183554.jpg
    IMG_20131112_183554.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20131112_160834.jpg
    IMG_20131112_160834.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 211
Simmer the pistons in your cleaning solution and use a brass bristle brush on the heavier deposits. You may want to do it outside to avoid spousal wrath. Wear gloves and a face shield as the cleaner will be much more aggressive when heated. When clean, rinse well with warm water, dry and apply oil to prevent corrosion.

I was laughing cause that last photo of that group, was an ice chuck on there pretty solid. I can probably get it done tomorrow! I picked up green industrial scrubbies for my rub down, I like your plan better! Thanks Dave.

roommate blew a main fuse on his cb550 riding home the other night. inspired me to take a look at my fuses. took them all out and when putting them back in on of the clips i noticed was pretty loose, so i squeezed them with my fingers to make the gap tighter and one of the clips busted right off.

first time touching my bike in over a week and broke something...:banghead:

time to upgrade to a blade fuse box.

itching to ride after being away in the the domincan where EVERYONE is cruising around on 2 stroke Susukis or Chinese bikes that kinda resemble Secas

Isn't there a rule on here that if we don't see a picture, you don't really have a beautifully fitting windshield? :wink2:

Seriously, I hope you can include a photo as I picked up a used Slipstream (the jumbo-sized one) and I'm a bit nervous about it.

I`ll see if I can get a pic later and post it for ya Lou.I know the model I have should fit on your maxium also.
The windsheilds are easy to install everything is adjustable so that the brackets will clamp down on your handle bars.Then you have 2 brackets that connect onto the turn signals.You have take your head light bucket off undo the nuts hold the signal stems on slip the forked bracket through then tighten it back down.Put your bucket back on Done.its that's simple took me about 10 minutes.

Back