20140402_152042.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 20140402_152134.jpg
    20140402_152134.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 20140402_152146.jpg
    20140402_152146.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 222
Cheers folks, can't go wrong with Nato Green IMO. :)

Next I need to get an engine in there.....and buy lots of bits and bobs that are broken or missing.

Took a look at the bike again, and decided to check for spark aaaaaaand nothing. That totally explains why it isn't running lol

I'm not even going to bother testing my coils, no spark what so ever on either side.

So i plan on replacing coils, plug wires, and plug caps (5k), but i have no clue if i need anything else. Is that all i need? I think i can reuse the boots that are on there now right ?

Thanks, hopefully this solves a bunch of problems

Started my tear down. Just to inspect that the blown timing chain parts didn't get deflected somewhere that is detrimental to my system. I didn't really want to, but, I believe I have too. I think I have all the necessary gaskets and stuff, so It should go really fast. I am hoping when I split the case, that the plugs will fall out, and I won't have to order a new pair. Since the engine was just rebuilt (bottom half) 2.5 years ago.

Any one have recent experience with this?

I am soo slow, So today when I pulled out my starter. I knew there was a hole under the starter, I just figured it was a breather hole for the starter, and recycle oil or something. So Today, after the last two year s of trying to seal up oil leaks, I never thought of the replacing the starter o-ring. It may not be passing much oil, but it is still a spot I hadn't thought off. In the last year, I had learned to read the oil pattern on the chain sprocket cover, and how it was splashed and how it had sprayed all over. So as I figure out what size o-ring will fit on that, I will post it in my album. like the info on the 4 blade fuses that I was able to find here in MN.

Attachments

• StarterBreathingHole.png
    StarterBreathingHole.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 211
Took a look at the bike again, and decided to check for spark aaaaaaand nothing. That totally explains why it isn't running lol

I'm not even going to bother testing my coils, no spark what so ever on either side.

So i plan on replacing coils, plug wires, and plug caps (5k), but i have no clue if i need anything else. Is that all i need? I think i can reuse the boots that are on there now right ?

Thanks, hopefully this solves a bunch of problems

a quick test before spending all sorts of $$, cut the .5 inches off both ends of your wires, and re-insert, and test. Sometimes the ends just end up not making contact with lack of use or vibrated to a state of non-connective contact.

Tobie

Its too late for that tobie lol I order everything last night cause i was bored and figured it could only help my bike.. I think it came to around 80$ after shipping for 2 coils, 2 'performance' plug wires, and 2 spark plug caps.

I have a 79' which has doesn't have detachable leads at the coils, they are glued in there, and i suspect its the leads that are shot. I was getting no spark at all, on either side, but if i giggled the sparkplug leads around a bit it would give me varying degrees of weak sparks. I figured i might as well do it all right at the same time then have to re-order coils and pay shipping again if it was the coils too.

No i just need to figure out how to install everything lol

Arfstrom - By backwards do you mean plug the left into the right, and right into left? or do you mean connecting the secondary to where the primary should go ?

Back