What did you do with your XS today?

You should do a compression test with the motor cold and NOT running Turn the motor over and hold the throttle wide open.

I was thinking that my earlier compression results could have been better if the cylinders were better lubricated. :banghead:

speaking of damaging the TCI, has anyone seen Drewpie? He has been awefully quiet lately?????

He does pop in from time to time. I think he said a while ago he was working on other model bikes now. He did sell his resto-modded xs400 some time ago but I think he still shows the other one at local vintage bike meets still.

Today I just started to clean the frame from some tabs I won't use and took a picture from the side.
19893040id.jpg
[/IMG]

Today... had the day off so I went for a 150 km cruise. Ever since I installed a fuel line filter and started putting nothing but ethanol - free high octane in the tank my 78 has been running great. Also I think it likes the cooler weather :D

Posted via Mobile

Today I got to tighten my shifter arm back onto the spigot before I left for work because it's somehow worked itself loose. Really glad I caught that before I left. The whole area's filthy with oil because of my as-yet-untreated oil leak so once it's parked I'ma clean it up and then bolt it back on with a dab of threadlocker.

Looks to be a nice day today. After running some errands and other responsibilities Plan is to take the bike out for the last time this year. Not sure where how far or how long but it'll get a good run out. Then it's time to clean the shed move the Snow equipment into the garage. Drain & oil the bike & other summer equipment and put them into their winter hibernating den. Getting ready for another bang up classic Minnesota winter.

I'm shooting for November 1. Snow's in the forecast this week but I'm going to keep her out until the 1st unless it get really icy between then and now.

Hell just looked at the long term forecast. Looks to be another nice week to come. And since procrastination is my middle name I will wait till then to put her to rest. Who knows I might be tempted to keep it drivable thru the winter just on the off chance of another winter that really isn't.

Fogged the bikes for winter.

trying to make it through until thanksgiving... even if that means limited riding until i suck it up and ride over to my dads on the bike on turkey-day. He wants his brother to see it. He thinks my uncle had the same bike back in the day... would be neat.:thumbsup:

I needed to make room in the garage for the truck and car. I did a lot of riding this year. At least as much as I felt like:laugh: Everything is in my winter garage:)

Attachments

• DSC02750.jpg
    DSC02750.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC02751.jpg
    DSC02751.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 269
I bought a new swing arm bushing shaft from England. Bought two air filters from a place in Medford OR. And I pounded the roller bearings in to the swing arm, and finished putting in the last bearing and seal for the rear wheel. Now I wait for the pieces to arrive.

I rode my XS11 with the side car attached, up Island to get propane, and recycle a bunch of stuff.

Unkle Crusty

Back