What did you do with your XS today?

Ammo cans are $25- at Princess Auto when on sale. I had the Givi bags off my Suzuki on at first. Still have to mount some rear flashers. Later I will post a front shot that will show the leg guards. The purple parts I sanded, sprayed with primer and painted with a brush.
I cut off the front piece only of the air filter box, then used foam filters. The battery is in the original place. I covered the seat, as that is my trade, that I do not work at. The mounts for the ammo cases and rear box are made from 1 inch flat aluminum, and 1 1/2 angle aluminum. Biggest issue was with jetting. I must have had the carbs off at least 12 times. Tried different final drive ratios and am a little taller than some of the other guys. 5600 revs at 60, instead of 6000. The motor is a five speed from a Maxim. I might open up the original 6 speed motor some day.
Might be in Victoria soon to get parts for my XS11.

Unkle Crusty

Pulled carbs and changed boots and stole throttle cable offa my tx750. Stole bars and found a master cylinder from an xs650. Need a front tire.had carbs apart and no fuel had been run through them since I owned her last.gonna head to dmv tomorrow or Wednesday to see about a lost title.forgot how simple these bikes are to play with

Put gas in her and started her.[emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Here is a guide line

Attachments

• Torque.jpg
    Torque.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 234
mBQYTlk.jpg

hhFcYEi.jpg

Today I started rough grinding on my rearsets and RichieB came by and finished the seatpan pattern he's been making for me. Really looking forward to seeing the finish result!

Went out & lit the pig up this Am. Started with No choke & little coaxing from the starter. Getting pumped for a short but satisfying ride Saturday. Hop around some of the small east central Mn lakes to scope them out for fishing this year. Numerous dirt roads to the public landings. Just hope I can keep the rubber down with street tires.

FINALLY got the bike out of storage after work today. It fired up first try, didn't even need any convincing. Looking forward to another great season!

Attachments

• IMG_20150410_180736 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20150410_180736 (Medium).jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 216
Trailered it and took it for a ride down to Fastenal to get screws for the tail light lens, muffler mount nuts & clamp bolts & ignition switch bolts. Now the bike looks 80% less jankety. :3

Worked on syncing carbs yesterday. One side is way stronger than the other. Sucks up the ATF before I can adjust it. A friend is coming over this am to run the kill switch while I adjust.

Worked on syncing carbs yesterday. One side is way stronger than the other. Sucks up the ATF before I can adjust it. A friend is coming over this am to run the kill switch while I adjust.

get a solid bench sync first, i used a wire from a brass brush to get both side relatively close. Never came close sucking anything in

Got the 82 and the 80 out for a spring shake down. The 82 runs awesome!!! But I did notice the petcock has a drip:( I said screw it and ordered a non-vacuum petcock for it :thumbsup: I don't want to screw with it :laugh: The 80 runs great with the uni's and the different carbs. I went with a set of 80 carbs instead of the xs360 set I run for the last two years as these are much lighter. 137.5 mains, stock needles and needle jets, plastic floats and 42.5 pilots. I did have to turn the idle mix screws out 4 turns. At some point I will go to a 45 pilot. But it runs great:D The repacked muffler sound great. The bike only weighs 292 lbs and feels like a dirt bike on the road:laugh: I also matched the intake ports to the intake manifolds for better flow on the 82. I will do this on the 80 when I have the carbs off the next time. It feels like it has a lot better pull.

Back