What did you do with your XS today?

I ordered $600 worth of parts; I guess there will be an update from me in a week or two with the results of my new upgrades :rock:

Today I rode it, overtook lots of cars waiting in line for the traffic lights. Got angry looks. Impressed/annoyed some people in the tunnel where I let it roar a little. It's getting warmer here, maybe I can leave some of my gear at home soon and switch to thinner gloves :)

Started itup an adjusted the air fuel mixture.Got the idle smoothed out and to stay at at a stead 1.1ks.Trying to fix a leaking fuel bowl screw.

Went for a lovely long ride which included the Forks or the Credit Rd. and Cedar Dr.
A V-4 Yamaha Royal Star Venture couldn't keep up. :D

Rode about 80km north on Hwy 11 and back, to a Yamaha dealer, to get a sprocket holder.
Snowpants, two pairs of gloves, and my homemade P.O.S. windshield were required...
It started raining just as I was putting the bike cover back on, lol.

better put your snow tires back on Lou, might be a little slick out there tomorrow :bike:

I blasted my wheels on the weekend, time to start choppin again:D

Just have to love living in this part of the northern hemispere,March and April weather is so change able.Its usaly a pattern you get a few nice day then you get 2 weeks of crappy weather to follow.

MarkJS I would rather work on your bike than my 96 Jimmy anyday of the week.You talk about night mare projects and worst $ pit a person can buy,this is it.

Well after I was worried to death my parts werent going to show up I found them hangin on the door and delivered faster than expected.So I got my knew petcock put on,touched up the paint and clear coat on the tank.

Well now my last statement seems kind of dumb since I solved it. I have had a horrible attitude, but now that I got to ride it on the highway with full power, I am a lot more stoked about it and have apologized profusely to the bike!

I used to love my old Chevies, but that's why I'm a Ford guy now, lot easier to work on and parts are cheap unless it's an alternator!

Back