What did you do with your XS today?

Hope I didn't hit a sore spot. Scorpio seems to be one with issues like mine but not as bad. Just changed the rams horn type bars on mine to a set of tracker type bars from my parts bike(LS2). They're a bit narrower at the risers but they'll get the job done for now. While doing this I found what makes me think my bike went swamping. Mud inside the bars and clutch cable. Everything else looks ok but the mud is disturbing. I took a few pics of it and tried to email it to my computer but failed. I'll use the camera tomorrow and try to post them.

no wrenching for me the past months, just riding. Great temperatures here now, 22 degrees celcius and I'm loving the time off between my internship and my job. Went for an amazing ride this morning :) Next week I'll do valve clearances on my bike, but for now I'm just having fun with it

Got a new mirror, do they just fly off, or is it just me? Added oil, got gas, Any notice if the drive sprocket leaks? would lucus be good for that type of leak? or oil burning? I adjusted the mixture to 2 out. will post milage as able. (deploying soon for a week)

day 3 or so of the 1.5 turns out, mileage markers, the reservoir was switch on at 102 miles, and gassed up at 110 miles (i think)

I got all the issues sorted over the winter so I could ride it in the summer
Gosh I tryed to do this but in a storage with no heat and no room it was impossible.I moved in april still had no heat and our Michigan winter wasnt over yet.I was also working on the Jimmy had too much on my plate and still do.Now its hot I can only work at night if the misquitos dont eat me alive.:yikes:

Took the rear tire off the 79 to be replaced, got 3yrs and 3500 miles on it. I don't think that's to bad for a $50 tire.

i had to do that when i first got mine, the PO decided to disassemble the hole front hub on the bike when he took it off for new shoes and couldnt figure out what position the linkage went.lol but it was an easy fix.

Went to the shop to get a quote on the fixing price of my damage...

Last night someone hit my parked bike with his car when trying to fit into a spot which was too tight. My aftermarket double taillight is completely cracked, my rear flashers broke, front fork is crooked, headlight cracked. The mechanic said he could fix it all in for 300 to 350 euros (mechanics are expensive..). The guy in the car is paying the damages, so I'm getting 350 from him and then I'll budget fix it myself, salvage whatever is salvageable. Reckon I can do it in 200 euros in parts. :D pretty decent profit I'd say..

So i modified my neutral switch and installed gear indicator - at day it looks poor - but at night it is kicking asses and its pretty useful :)

Still working on high gas consumption though:/ 7 liters/100km

Attachments

• licznikb.jpg
    licznikb.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 216
... I'm getting 350 from him and then I'll budget fix it myself, salvage whatever is salvageable. Reckon I can do it in 200 euros in parts. :D pretty decent profit I'd say ...
Depending on how "nasty" a look you want from your budget fix, you can "weld" the cracked tailight using a small electric soldering iron and a piece of another broken red taillight lens. Just don't breathe the vapours. :yikes:
Same goes for the amber turn lenses if you can assemble the pieces like a jig-saw puzzle and find a broken piece of amber in the ditch. Even if it's just to get you riding immediately while you wait for new parts to arrive. :thumbsup:

can't be nasty enough for my taste. I've gotten a new headlight housing for 40 euros, and I put the original tail light back on. Quite bulky compared to the small ones I had on before, but I had the original lying around anyways and a free fix is always good. Only thing I'm missing is the rear plastic cover above the tail light.. now my electrics are a bit out in the open. For now I've duct taped them so they're a little protected, but it's not great. Can ride again now though :D

So far 40 euros spent and I think this will almost be it. Rear turn signals are mc gyvered back together and I think the fork will be easy as pie to put straight. Perhaps I'll keep the costs to under a 100, would be pretty sweet :p

but thanks for the tip lou ;) I'll keep that one in mind for next time

Last night someone hit my parked bike with his car when trying to fit into a spot which was too tight. My aftermarket double taillight is completely cracked, my rear flashers broke, front fork is crooked, headlight cracked. The mechanic said he could fix it all in for 300 to 350 euros (mechanics are expensive..). The guy in the car is paying the damages, so I'm getting 350 from him and then I'll budget fix it myself, salvage whatever is salvageable. Reckon I can do it in 200 euros in parts. :D pretty decent profit I'd say..
willem,

I'm sorry I damaged your bike, I was a little drunk last night. I'm a little short on cash so I'll only give you 200 euros to start. I promise (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to give you the rest later.

Dude I thought I had crappy luck,I think your bike has jinx on it.:laugh:

Back