What did you do with your XS today?

I wouldn't say its 'really strict' as there are highways i have gone 140km/hr and that was the flow of traffic (the 407 at the end of a work day, when i lived in Toronto lol) But we don't have many highways in my area. Basically just the 401, and the rest are small 2 laners with a speed limit of 80-90km/hr.

Cops where I am located like to hide in the tall reeds that divide the 401 highway and you don't see them until you pass, which isn't an awesome feeling because it too late by then.

I think 120km/hr gets you like a 200$ ticket and 2 points, and thats the low end. They won't bother stopping you for anything less, so everyone drives about 117km/hr to be safe. You can push it in areas where cops can't hide, but in my portion of the highway its open field on both sides and open in the middle with tall grass (a lot of places have concrete walls on both sides and a wall down the middle so you no cops there unless they are sharing the road, but then you see them around you)

I actually think my area is the most ticketed stretch of highway in Ontario.

Its also about an hour outside of Detroit so they like to catch Americans who come over and think they can push the limits here lol

Sesty said:
i didnt think there was anyone left in Detroit

There are still lots of folks left, or at least every time I go over there the downtown area is packed, but the crowds don't mean they live there.

Regardless to get to that border crossing into Canada you have you go through Detroit lol

Here are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Nice stock bike Mjr. Kinda hard to remember what they looked like before most of us cut them to pieces. Hard around here to find them around here in that condition without a huge pricetag. Have fun with it.

Thanks! The plan is to keep it stock except for the handle bars. Got to spend a little time riding after work. Runs great no complaints

just did part 2 of my awesome mc gyver exhaust hole fix: wrapped the sodacans which hold the H-pipe gastight in glassfiber drywall-tape (the poor man's heatwrap) and sprayed it with heat resistant black paint to give it a little extra protection :)

I can recommend the glass fiber tape stuff to anyone who wants heatwrap actually. It's very cheap and easy to apply, and it looks great. It turns a nice caramel color after you burn off the smell (and it sure does smell :laugh: )

Today I bought some exhaust wrap on ebay, its the cheapy stuff so i don't expect much, or anything to be honest, it all about looks so i think this stuff will do the trick.

I also spent a little while tracking down key blanks for 79.. I found some, so i ordered 2 to copy (will give me 3 keys in total).

just did part 2 of my awesome mc gyver exhaust hole fix: wrapped the sodacans which hold the H-pipe gastight in glassfiber drywall-tape (the poor man's heatwrap) ... (and it sure does smell :laugh: )
Willem, can you post a pic of the packaging or the product's website link or something?
It's been 35 years since I did any dry-walling, and back then they had a plastic mesh "tape", but it was mostly air holes, not something that I would think would seal or even bind tin cans to an H-pipe. Sounds like this stuff is different.

I dug into trying to fix the electrical issue with my head lamp no luck.So I gave went for a ride this afternoon.What a great way to enjoy this unusualy mild October weather.

Back