What did you do with your XS today?

I put my bike back together after welding up the frame .Shot it black and waiting for it to dry to start the wiring

Attachments

• CAM01579.jpg
    CAM01579.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 223
  • CAM01580.jpg
    CAM01580.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 216
  • CAM01581.jpg
    CAM01581.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 214
  • CAM01582.jpg
    CAM01582.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 213
  • CAM01583.jpg
    CAM01583.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 200
  • CAM01584.jpg
    CAM01584.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 198
Congrads Mr Stubbs glad to read you got it running.Good luck with the paper work hopefully it isnt too much hassle.

Have to get a few other things worked on before the snow flies or I'd get the title work done. Title in Mn is pretty strait forward. Since the bike has been off the DMV registry for a long time it's a matter of some good clear pictures showing the bike and the vin. Along with a statement of facts where & who I bought it from along with the price. Pay the taxes pay the retitle and license fees and that's about it. That's how it was in 2011 when I did my little bike.

My jimmy rolled off the ramps as I was trying to get them out from under it then rolled into my bike.It broke one of the turn signals off the front so luckily just a little bit of minor damage that can be fixed easily.

Found out in High School why you should always use blocks along with ramps. A friend was under his 66 Galaxy up on ramps. He took the drive shaft out before I blocked the tires and it rolled down the ramps. Lucky he was a skinny guy. 2 of us were able to lift enough for him to wiggle out but he sure got scraped up. Scared the hell out of all of us. :banghead::doh:

Removed and drained the tank and removed and cleaned the petcock and lines.

I am so close to getting thing out there!

Ordered a replacement petcock just in case and eurobars lol

Rode it to work and had a very strange high rpm surge at one of the traffic lights. Felt like my throttle or choke cable was stuck, or I had an air leak. But once I took off again it completely disappeared, and at the next light my idle was perfectly normal again.

:wtf: this thing is haunted (already had some strange issues last week, see previous post)

Rode it to work and had a very strange high rpm surge at one of the traffic lights. Felt like my throttle or choke cable was stuck, or I had an air leak. But once I took off again it completely disappeared, and at the next light my idle was perfectly normal again.

:wtf: this thing is haunted (already had some strange issues last week, see previous post)

Stupid question do these bikes have mechanical timing advance? My buddy's Xs 650 had one that was sticky and would get weird like that one day it wouldn't want to rev up the next day it wouldn't idle down rebuilt carbs again and again and almost gave up until a buddy told us to check in cleaned it up and oiled it and the bike ran great till he sold it

Posted via Mobile

Purchased carb rebuild kits, air filters, intake boots, plugs, set of key blanks, and new controls...... Get her running as good as she looks, like new!

Lit her up and took it down the block to run fuel out of carbs. Then started to get the paperwork done for a title. Still easy here in Mn as long as the bike has been off the DMV registry for a while. A statement of facts where & who I got it from. Pictures of it showing the whole bike and 2 clear ones of the vin & engine number. Woohoo can't wait till spring to really ride this bike.

I just ride through the winter :shrug:

as long as the roads are somewhat snow- and ice-free I don't let the xs hibernate.

but I guess living close to the ocean tempers the climate a little. Also I don't own a car so I kinda have to sometimes, the other option is public transport (which is pretty decent in my country), bicycling or walking

And this is what's on the other side of my basement:D

Attachments

• DSC02180.jpg
    DSC02180.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC02179.jpg
    DSC02179.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 201
nice! Thats one funky lookin les paul :)

Behringer amp makes me cringe a bit tho.. but I'm guessin you mainly play the guitars since they're starting to grow out of the ceiling :wtf:

Same here Willem.. Berhinger eh... You sure do love Jackson, and Peavey lol I am guessing you play a lot of metal and hard rock?

Back