What did you do with your XS today?

busy busy busy! picked up two project ninja 600s from the late 80s, one of which is close to drive ready just needs carb work and some wiring done up front. Also picked up a new bike to get me around this season, a honda superhawk 996! boy is she fast and solid on the highway, big improvement from the maxim! Probably going to sell the completed maxim to a close friend of mine for him to learn on this summer. Empty pockets, full shop :thumbsup:

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 235
I've been away on holiday so I haven't had the chance to get to my bike for a while, but most of the parts I've been waiting on came in while I was away. Fork gaiters, new cloth-wrapped spark wires, braided steel brake line, rear brake shoes, and handlebar electronics. Hopefully be installed some time this week.

I've been away on holiday so I haven't had the chance to get to my bike for a while, but most of the parts I've been waiting on came in while I was away. Fork gaiters, new cloth-wrapped spark wires, braided steel brake line, rear brake shoes, and handlebar electronics. Hopefully be installed some time this week.

I havent done much on my today just wire up a ground wire but tomorrow is my day for holiday,A day to get away and get some fresh air and enjoy sometime on one of my favorite trout streams:D

Picked up base clear acrylic enamel paint (PPG) for my 83 maxim. Decided on a midnight blue base layer, with a metallic gold accent pinstripe and outlining that will compliment the blue. Took along time to get the tank to bare still, but here it is! Thanks to some 240 grit on the DA and aircraft grade paint stripped and scotch brite :D oh, and I painted the engine block! Plasti cote high temp oem grade aluminum paint! Looks good I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 220
frwinksdude your bike looks friggin awesome and I love what you did to the brakes awesome stopping power forsure.
How does the exhaust sound would love to hear a sound clip.Also how long did your build take?

busy busy busy! picked up two project ninja 600s from the late 80s, one of which is close to drive ready just needs carb work and some wiring done up front. Also picked up a new bike to get me around this season, a honda superhawk 996! boy is she fast and solid on the highway, big improvement from the maxim! Probably going to sell the completed maxim to a close friend of mine for him to learn on this summer. Empty pockets, full shop :thumbsup:

Nice, that's my daily bike too.....mine in red and my mates in yellow. :D

Attachments

• 20130510_125548.jpg
    20130510_125548.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 211
2 coats of metalized body filler for the dents, 3 coats of finishing putty, 2 coats of epoxy primer. 3 coats of high build primer, and 3 wet coats of PPG Delfleet Evolution in Black. There you have a summary of my evenings this week so far. Now to wait for the paint to fully cure before wet sanding and polishing.

The wait will give me time to get other things completed before (hopefully) getting the bike back together on the weekend.

Patience, must have patience... ;)

If I could round up a couple guys, both at the same time, I could get my bike out of the basement and get it in for a safety.
Getting it started is kind of a priority right now too.

Back