What did you do with your XS today?

Thanks Arfstrom with the truch project being finished I should hopefully have more time to work on the bike,Also if the extended forecast for October is accurate temps should be above normal which gives me more time.Unfortunately my S10 Blazer is still more of a priority over the bike.Seems like summer has just flew by and the weather patterns are a month ahead of what they should be.Im going to work on the wiring issues today.

I think we've got that one on lock, y'all. Today I rode in in a blaze of beautiful fall leaves and sunshine and nearly got my tail clipped by some shithead in a Versa Note who changed lanes apparently without even bothering to look if anyone was there. No harm done, thank god. Yesterday I zipped down to the bolt supply place to get hex socket bolts for my TCI cover because it unceremoniously fell off when I was riding on Wednesday.

After checking the head, for got to torque down the top motor mount bolts. Lost both dampers. Drove down to Jordan (57 miles from home) after work to sportwheels, found the right dampers! Then drove home to beat the storm. (RIO Speedwagon, riding the storm out. playing out in my head) (I beat the storm for a change.)

Mechanic there, thought the noise from my bike was perhaps the exhaust side tappets, were too tight, suggest loosening up a bit more. At idle he said it sounded normal, on rev up, he thought the tappets were clicking.

Still on "to Do" list
  • rear brake
  • tighten left mirror
  • carb balance/tune it
  • replace missing bolts
  • Turn signal light (I broke)Rt Side
  • Fix front fender

After checking the head, for got to torque down the top motor mount bolts. Lost both dampers. Drove down to Jordan (57 miles from home) after work to sportwheels, found the right dampers! Then drove home to beat the storm. (RIO Speedwagon, riding the storm out. playing out in my head) (I beat the storm for a change.)

Mechanic there, thought the noise from my bike was perhaps the exhaust side tappets, were too tight, suggest loosening up a bit more. At idle he said it sounded normal, on rev up, he thought the tappets were clicking.

Still on "to Do" list
  • rear brake
  • tighten left mirror
  • carb balance/tune it
  • replace missing bolts
  • Turn signal light (I broke)Rt Side
  • Fix front fender
Seen my Bro in law lives south of Shakopee. Sounds like you really dodged a bullet with that storm. Imagine how Pea gravel hail would feel at 65 mph:yikes:. Saw some pics on the news where it really tore into the vinyl siding on 1 house & the wind did a number on a few trees.

Lots of riding today, we've gone from snow last week to 27C sunshine. Took the fiancee and my little sister for a couple longer rides. Got a bunch of electrical work waiting in the wings (picked up a very, very tiny AGM battery that needs blade terminals, among other things) but for now I'm just enjoying the warm weather while it lasts.

Seen my Bro in law lives south of Shakopee. Sounds like you really dodged a bullet with that storm. Imagine how Pea gravel hail would feel at 65 mph:yikes:. Saw some pics on the news where it really tore into the vinyl siding on 1 house & the wind did a number on a few trees.

I was a dum @ss, a couple weeks ago, I knew the rain was slight, and I had to go to work, wife needed the only car available, so I drove the cycle. (that wasn't bad) To minimumize wet clothes, I wore shorts. :yikes: Cold rain drops at 50 mph and faster felt like sand hitting my legs. (it was 4:30 am, threat of blinding anyone was nomimal:doh:) that was the first 10 miles, the last 20 miles was fine!

I was a dum @ss, a couple weeks ago, I knew the rain was slight, and I had to go to work, wife needed the only car available, so I drove the cycle. (that wasn't bad) To minimumize wet clothes, I wore shorts. :yikes: Cold rain drops at 50 mph and faster felt like sand hitting my legs. (it was 4:30 am, threat of blinding anyone was nomimal:doh:) that was the first 10 miles, the last 20 miles was fine!

Not a good combo there.:eek::doh:

Uh, turn signal switch somehow came loose - as in the actual switch lever, so I disassembled switch body and found I only have to tighten a small Philips screw so that was a piece of cake. Then I popped the master-link, pulled the chain off, soaked it in parts cleaner for 10min, scrubbed the gunk off of it, reinstalled it and lubed the heck out of it. Need to find clip on handle bars - recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replaced my stock rear turn signals with smaller housings holding brighter LED bulbs. Ran out of time to do the fronts, but soon enough.

I don't know where to begin...

I was torn all the way down and into the transfer case, replaced the time chain, put it all back together, I was almost ready to ride..... And realized I lost the steel ball bearing for the clutch rod >_< hit the hardware store and went on a test ride today.

I have to say.... Once you get the electronic ignition figured out, (I only say figured out because my engine apparently times weird and required unconventional adjustment), it really is an amazing upgrade. That along with my brand new never ridden salvaged Harley muffler, a new rear tire, and new gearing it rode better than it ever has.

After putting the timing cover back on, and tightening a few things down I was ready to take the long way into work. I had my helmet on ready to go when I realized I cinched my ignition wiring that comes through the timing cover and that the wiring was disconnected. I had a sad night of work until I got home and got it fixed up real nice like.

Tomorrow I will try once more... ^_^
The end.

After checking ....

Still on "to Do" list
  • rear brake (DONE)
  • tighten left mirror (DONE)
  • carb balance/tune it
  • replace missing bolts (DONE)
  • Turn signal light (I broke)Rt Side (DONE)
  • Fix front fender

Still left
  • carb balance/tune it 'Sooner'
  • Fix front fender 'Later'
  • upgrade lighting to bi-xenon 'later'

Still trying to find the shortest screw driver. I have picked up a bi-xenon kit/Bike Master chrome headlight, Now to find headlight bar. (I start driving to work at 2:30 am Minnesota Time) Road construction season is almost over! :banghead: you know what that means.:banghead:

Made the decision today i gotta redo the backend. Perfect weather in va for cutting and welding. Ive got full led lighting and its running rich get it done without sweating to death. Ill put some pics up after i get her on the table. With what ive learned from you guys and you help it will be right this time.

My new chain came in for the 82 today. Was tempted to swap the chain and sprockets but I will save it for winter time fun:laugh:

Howled about on my xs250 and took it to the red line through the gears a few times, it`s still one of the slowest bikes i have ever had even revving the nuts off it !!

Back