What did you do with your XS today?

The one carb guides, states"
- Popping from the exhaust on deceleration usually indicates leaness in the pilot circuit.
A larger pilot or richer setting on the mix screws (sometimes both) is the usual cure"
So I will look into that tomorrow

The left one was in quite a bit. so I replaced them to 3.5. I suspect I was trying to turn them in, to squeeze better gas milage. (theory that Yamaha sent them out of the store with those plugs turned in 1.5 or so, and the book says the bike can go 120 to 140 mph, assuming that was with those original settings. (now I am trying to get better than 40mph.

Today I laid up what I hope will be the final layers for my new seat pan. I would very much like to be done with fiberglass for a while, epoxy gives me a headache.

Installed my rear tire and gave the bike a good looking over. Tomorrow morning will be a shake down ride, followed by the 100km (62mi) ride to Port Dover. The forecast is calling for a mostly sunny day, a high of +7C (44F), and a bit of a breeze. Should be lots of people in attendance as this is the last Friday the 13th until November.

Sesty, you sure you need to go re-jet? I just did MAC 2n1 muffler last year, and I am all stock beyond the exhaust port, (and though the other side too)

yea Im not at stock jetting... had basically open exhaust with emgo shorties.. and uni filters. Going to start a size up from Stock and go from there. I bought a bunch of different sizes this winter

Today is the day, its 55 outside, I'm syncing the carbs,jetting and praying to god I have a running motorcycle today

Oh man, I hope that goes well for you!

I put my crankcase halves back together so I guess I have just one crankcase now! Along the way I learned that my torque wrench is fecked and led me to waaaaay over tighten my case bolts... I am hoping the whole thing doesn't come apart while I'm riding down the street.

I took mine out for a little spin today. After I had to diagnose an issue with the left cyl not firing. Turns out I have a bad plug for some reason my left plug went bad over winter. Not sure why sitting all winter is hard on plugs. Possibly try another brand this year never did like NGK seems they always went bad on me. Bike ran smooth & strong after that but only put on about a mile. Oh Didn't really store it correctly just filled with good non oxy fuel with some stabil and a little xtra 2 stroke oil to boot.

Finally spent the money and had Yamaha clean the carbs in their machine. Installed new seals and hardware. Put new emblems I made on the side covers. And while looking at everybodys bikes found a design I liked and made new stripes for the tank. They don't look as good as the maroon tracker I seen on here but I like how it came out. Now I got to get this thing back together because it is time to ride!!!!!

Attachments

• new sidecover emblems.jpg
    new sidecover emblems.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 257
  • Tank stripes.jpg
    Tank stripes.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Clean Carbs.jpg
    Clean Carbs.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 242
Ordered 50 new butterfly orings, for $2.40.

Gear shifter started slipping. Actively looking now for a new one. Gone thou our site, Looks like Ebay has one that is $20 bucks

Ordered 50 new butterfly orings, for $2.40.

Gear shifter started slipping. Actively looking now for a new one. Gone thou our site, Looks like Ebay has one that is $20 bucks

O-ring or seal? They are not the same:wink2:

Part 17, its striped in the groves.

You go to downshift, and the level goes down 2inches, then when You up shift, your foot has to compensate, It didnt slip up.

Attachments

• SHIFT_SHAFT_-_PEDAL.png
    SHIFT_SHAFT_-_PEDAL.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 233
Guess I'm not done with fiberglass yet; pulled my seatpan from the buck and it was a bit flimsy so I laid up another layer on the inside to reinforce it. Also met up with RitchieB who generously offered to make me an aluminum seatpan if the fiberglass doesn't shape up.

Back