What did you do with your XS today?

Helicoiled my left and right cylinder plug bores. The left went in flawlessly. The right went halfway in and hit the valve, had to back out, crank pistons out of the way, move the valve, and restart the tap and I think it overcut the width. The insert keeps spinning a little and the sparkie won't go into the hole yet. I have to wait til tomorrow to torque it til the rtv is cured. oh well.

A stunning amount of chips came out of that hole!

Some simple weight reductions.
Front fender, chain guard, mirrors.

Still getting used to the bike.

Made a how to...

Became more addicted to this xs game. :D

Posted via Mobile

Took the 79 out and as soon as I parked it I had three people come up to me and asked all about it:doh: I don't mind talking to people about it but if I need to get stuff done its a pain in the ass:laugh:

Took the 79 out and as soon as I parked it I had three people come up to me and asked all about it:doh: I don't mind talking to people about it but if I need to get stuff done its a pain in the ass:laugh:
Well, one alternative would be to get rid of our vintage bikes and buy a fleet of 250 Ninjas.

Or, if you continue to have feelings (like the guy in pic #1), we could ask Travis to source something like the 2nd pic below - using the xs400.com logo instead of Coffee.
Fill it out, get it laminated and punched, hang it from the break cable when you park and just point to it when people say "excuse me ....." :wink2:

Attachments

• bike-love.jpg
    bike-love.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 253
  • DisplayCard.jpg
    DisplayCard.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 253
I haven't done shit on my bike in what feels like years! Started work after the vacation and got a proper flu, so basically been at work and sleeping rest of the days!
But in the end of this week shits gonna happen on my twowheeled friend frankie!
Clean out the gastank, fix some lightshit, rear/brakelight and the signallights!

hi everyone!
new to the site but I have been reviewing it to help me get thou a few issues on my 400.
I also like the concept of this thread.

the last time I rode my 400 the turn signals stopped working. made me very nervous the rest of the way home in 5:00 traffic!
Yesterday after spending some to narrowing the problem down to a loose wire going into the switch. I disassembled the switch and found the 2 of the 3 wires that lead to the switch had broke at the connection. I proceed to re-solder the connections and reassemble the switch. good as new works fine
thanks again to all that help

hi everyone! new to the site but I have been reviewing it to help me get thou a few issues on my 400 ...
Welcome to the Forum. Download the manual, start your thread, confess your embarrassments and post pictures (including of your wheelie on the appropriate Game thread). :wink2:
Good idea! Also because it happened to me again last night:laugh:
You really want to trade for a Ninja 250? :wtf:

I moved mine out of the garage a couple days ago for cleaning and it go rained on :( ..... I felt bad so I moved it back inside. I feel doubly bad because I recently got another bike and have been spending more time with it!!! :) :)

I came back from vacations, I was at the seaside, took all equipement for camping, tent, sleeping bags and all clothes for me and my wife on my XS... the route was 690 km, fully loaded and passed with no problems. Now I am shure, that everything works well. Later I will add some pics .

there are photos from seaside trip :bike:

Attachments

• 1.motoristi?ni 003.jpg
    1.motoristi?ni 003.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 1.motoristi?ni 005.jpg
    1.motoristi?ni 005.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 1.motoristi?ni 007.jpg
    1.motoristi?ni 007.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 1.motoristi?ni 018.jpg