What did you do with your XS today?

took a short ride and realized i need to work on my clutch lever/cable. my forearm was burning after 20 mins. :mad: haha. more to learn!

pulling the wheels for paint tonight! :thumbsup:

Built a suicide shifter thursday and used the hell out of it this weekend on my cruise to and from the Indy fairgrounds twice.

almost ran out of gas today switched it to res and made it to get fuel 3.5 gal later looked at how many miles i had done from last fill up 66 miles
now to find the problem 66 miles on a tank with no leaks WTF ?

had a few minutes to spare so i decided to swap out my broken (but useable) original clutch lever and perch with an inexpensive, universal lever from Dime City Cycles. it's a basic, cool shorty lever that i figured would pop right onto my '79 with no trouble. an HOUR AND A HALF later it was finally done. nothing about it wanted to fit. had to tweak and file and coax the whole thing all the way to fitting and working with my existing cable. on the upside, i adjusted it by feel with the bike on the center stand and then went for a ride and it turned out to be dead on perfect. actually shifts much better now. "Universal" is never universal.

almost ran out of gas today switched it to res and made it to get fuel 3.5 gal later looked at how many miles i had done from last fill up 66 miles
now to find the problem 66 miles on a tank with no leaks WTF ?

might need to lean it out a bit. I get 110 miles on a full tank with reserve

Finally found the damn air leak! needed to test with starter fluid as it turns out more potent than WD40. Both inner throttle shaft seals are gone and causing climbing idle to 4000

time for more parts and some delicate surgery

I've got my stock one i took off if you need it lou?

I decided to extend my swing arm, jigged it up and hacked it off, now i'm going to machine some extension slugs and hopefully have it back together tonight.

I've got my stock one i took off if you need it lou? ...
Hey thanks. Whatever you do, don't throw it away. Shipping it across the border will probably cost more than a new one, but I have a brother-in-law in WI if it becomes desperate. We visit regularly.
I don't want to talk you out of it, but it happened so easily, I am actually thinking of carrying a spare in the little tool bag along with the 10, 11 & 12 mm wrenches. You might want to think about keeping it for the very same reason.
I presently have one on that's merely missing 2" off the tip so I can get by with 3 fingers and won't miss any of this nice weather. I'll let you know how the J-B works out.
Do I have to put this on the "Tell on Yourself" thread? :wink2:

Shipping USPS keeps the costs down :)

Ha well i just put an aftermarket clutch assembly on mine so. Also i have a small bag on the side of mine where i keep the essentials ie; Duct tape, electrical tape, zip ties, heat shrink, wire snips and a 10 & 12 mm wrench.

Did you drop the bike or something? I can't imagine how it would just break, you must have strong fingers lol.

Shipping USPS keeps the costs down :) ...Did you drop the bike or something? ...
Or something, yes. Another lesson learned. When you stop to gaze at breathtaking scenery it is not a bad plan to ensure that one's footing is firm and that the bike is 90º to the horizontal plane and not 90º to the surface of the land underfoot.

:wtf:

Hey Lou, I've got the stock levers to my 360 if you want them (not sure if they are the same as what you need). And I'm about an hour from you. And free.

Back