What Inline Fuel Filter do you suggest

It also depends how dirty your gas tank is. If you have a lot of crap in there the filter will have to be changed more often.

I had a paper inline filter, and even that, it was functional, but... the fuel tank was rusting. the paper filter allowed the smallest rust particles though, changing the color of the filter to a red color. Last winter, I took the carb off, and when I opened up the carb for spring cleaning, there was alot of Red dust in my bowls, etc.... I guess what I am saying is that the metal filter, might let bigger items though, where paper, gets the particle size to super small.

I'm with Tobie. I have a fairly large paper filter installed. My tank is in pretty good shape, so the filter has stayed clean over the past year of 14,000 km and $1,000 of fuel.

Paper will filter out finer particles than a sintered brass filter. Do we need such fine filtering? I can't say for certain, but I believe so. It certainly can't hurt...

im going to start with what ever i can find, im putting a clean carb on my xs400 and i dont want to crap it up from the jump because i dont have a filter at all on it yet. but thanks for the info ill definitely keep that in mind

Back