What's your opinion on this battery?

76xs360

76xs360
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to every store in my area and I couldn't find anyone that sells an AGM battery specifically for my XS360. I had my battery with me and we measured what they said was the closest they had and still all were too big. Which brings me to my question...I found the battery in the link below which I found to be pretty cheap, what do you guys think? I'm keeping everything stock for now - keeping the electric starter - and maybe putting in some led's for tail lights/turn signals once I finish/buy my seat. Would this battery be ok with the 180 CCA to run the led's? What about the brand? Opinions please...

http://www.batterystuff.com/powersports-batteries/sYT12C.html

Thanks!!

As long as it is a 12ah witch it looks to be you should be fine. I don't no about the brand:shrug: I see it is made in china so who knows about that:wink2: Not a bad price for a AGM battery.

I dunno what chain you're near but I got mine at Pep Boys. I was told that it was a scooter battery (that's what it's considered nowadays) and they'd have plenty. Mine was the same amount and I got an 9 dollar credit for giving them the old battery because they recycle the cores.

I got the Prostart 12AA and had it charged overnight at 2amps after my first charge of .5 amps didn't really do much. I do recall having to look all over before I was pointed to Pep Boys and the fact it's a common scooter battery size.

Good luck.

I don,t know about the quality or durability of that battery but they're advertisement department rocks!!!!!! I just bought my motorcycle battery from napa!!! I've bought 3 battery's from powersports in the last year and they are all dead!!! napa carry,s interstate and they are made by johnson controls!!! very much quality.

@226dark -

What did the battery read when you received it? How has it been working?

I had ordered one from them, recieved it - read 8.2 volts. Charged over night - same thing. Wrote Mikes, and they sent me another one. Came in with 10.2 voltes showing. Charged over night, same thing.

Then I write them back - they say they charged a few, got one that after 2 days charging that read at "just under 12v". I believe this was their finest specimen in house.

I decided that I didn't want that battery since it was reading at ~40% charge. They agreed to credit me back.

But now i am stuck without a replacement battery! The one that I have seems to be lacking amps, because it drains super quick, and turning it to "on" will drop the voltage from 12.8 full charge to just under 12v. My charging system is definitely working properly, though, and If I ride more than 20 minutes and kickstart, the battery will maintain the 12.5~ threshold for a few weeks.

To their benefit though - I should mention that they were very understanding, and were quick to ship me replacement batteries (and provided me with 2 day shipping).

So because of the integrity in customer service that they showed, I will still be buying from them in the future.

MrYeats (or anyone else with experience with LiIon batteries): I'm looking to replace the battery in my '81 XS400 since the current one is on the way out. The PO had mounted (with zip ties to a wood fabricated custom seat!) a Tenergy TB1212 (http://www.tenergy.com/40803) sealed lead acid battery that doesn't hold a charge for more than a few days.

I'm looking at the Ballistic Performance 12v 8-cell battery that midtown linked the other day, but looking at reviews some folks say they're bad for cold starts (anything below 50F). Anyone else have that experience? Or recommend any other brand of LiIon battery that *doesn't* have problems below 50F? I do love the size of those Ballistic Perf batteries!

Back