What's your profession?

Hi my names Angus and I'm and ex alcoholic, I'm 21 I'm a subcontractor for the australian defence force. Currently have 1 18month old son, a pita of a fiancé and one almost completely customised xs400 RK. Bought the bike as a basket case for au$300 and so far have shelled out au$800~ moddifying and replacing parts, everything from custom fiberglass seat/fuel tank and those little lights that tell you when something's turned on or if the oils too high to cafe handlebars and gauges also including a complete rebuild of the engine, brakes, electronics and carbs. Great that people on here actually shoot shit and not just ask questions that they can't figure out :thumbsup:

Names David. I'm 24, a civil engineer from BFE Ohio. I'm happily married 3 yrs to the love of my life (who is not so crazy with my new obsession). I have 2 kids, one just turned 2 and the other is 12 weeks. I picked up my Jack-of-all-trade skills from my dad and Macgyver. Lastly, I play Rugby for Canton, Ohio Men's club. It is the only hobby I enjoy more than working on my bike.

I picked up a Hyundai Accent about 2 months ago with 200k miles for $300 and quickly traded that piece for an 82 xs400 Heritage Special that didn't run for minor reasons. I have been trying to get it fixed up and running around. This is my first bike and am learning to ride. I was hesitant about a project bike at first until I found this cult site, now I'm hooked.

You may say, but a running car must be worth more than a non running 31yr old bike. If anybody has worked on a Hyundai,I think they would agree that it was a good trade.:)

Hi My name is Paul and I'm a Yamaholic! Wow that wasn't as hard as I thought! Next thing is to start the 12 step program. Im 54 lived all my life till 4 years ago in Minneapolis Minnesota. Moved up to Gods country (ok it's just 50 miles north) Princeton. Been in Machine shops all my working life. And born with a wrench in my hand along with my twin brother. Married over 32 years still can't believe she puts up with my crap. I currently operate 3500 watt Laser tube cutting machines and associated equipment for the recreational equipment industry. Most of my hobbies involve engines Rc Airplanes Classic Cars Street rods and now Motorcycles. Not much else to say except that I am ever grateful for the help advise and camaraderie of this site.

I fix broke stuff, always have. Worked in MC shops during and right out if high school. Moved on to tech stuff (hardware and software). Retired military. Currently a field engineer for more tech stuff. One of these days I'll either get a real job or really retire, not sure which. Until then, or even after, I plan on continuing to ride and fix motorcycles. :thumbsup:

Long time Yamaha owner (since 1968, which was the first) and have four right now. Since I recently retrieved a poor abused and neglected XS400, thought I'd give you guys a look. Glad to help out anyway I can. Good thing about these bikes and Yamaha in general is you can play mix-n-match and build all sorts of frankenstiens. Neat ones.

Hi, I'm Bill, 77 years young, been married to my 2nd wife for 35 years now. First kinda bike was a Cushman Airborne with a two speed transmission, last century in the 50's...Have had three 305 Honda Superhawks (one a Café Racer in the late 60's-rearsets and all), BMW, Kawasaki, Honda VF500 with a full dustbin European fairing and lot of goodies...74 Rickman Café Racer 900cc Kawi engine, 04 Harley 1200R Sportster and now building an XS400 Café Racer...Retired Master Mariner, Panama Canal Ship Pilot and retired sports car racer, FIA Champion of the Republic of Panama Sports Car Racing....Gun owner and shooter, and my wonderful wife rides on the back of the Harley and has done the Ton:yikes:........Bill:bike:

makes my life seem uneventful and waayyy less cool. at 26 i guess i have time to catch up, but i dont see that happening.:bike:

Back