Where do These Wires Go?

short1

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Heyy so my project has been sitting idle for about 2 years due to, well, life lol I've recently started back to it and am trying to button up the electronics. All the things i thought i'd remember I don't. Correct me if i'm wrong, the positive battery terminal lead and starter cable go to the starter solenoid. I can't for the life of me figure out where these are supposed to go. Is this the original pos+ cable? Also where is a good place to run the battery ground? If i recall correctly it went to the screw on the breather cover holding the starter cable I'm at a loss and appreciate any guidance!

Attachments

• 2018-06-08 10.38.12 (1).jpg
    2018-06-08 10.38.12 (1).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 188
I would say that is you positive cable, your negative ground can be any place to the frame or any black wire should be a ground.

1 is your battery positive wire, 2 is the wire harness ground and the 3 goes to the e-start solenoid. That's the best I can tell from the pick. 2 maybe your battery ground.

1 is your battery positive wire, 2 is the wire harness ground and the 3 goes to the e-start solenoid. That's the best I can tell from the pick. 2 maybe your battery ground.

Great thanks! Sorry it's hard to see, here is a better pic of #2 It goes straight into the harness

Attachments

• 20180608_125842.jpg
    20180608_125842.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 184
That goes to the frame. On a stock bike it connects to the bolt for the battery box.

Back