Where to buy new carbs???

phate

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to the forum and recently have taken on the challenge of restoring an xs400 (it's a interesting story how I ended up with that but it's not for now). Anyways the bike hasn't run for a long time (21 years) so the carbs are oxidized, gunked up, and deemed beyond the point of salvation. Bottom line is where can I get either new aftermarket/universal carbs that would work or used but in good condition original carbs. Thank you.

First place I would look is the "Classified" section of this forum. Most people here seem to be reasonably straight up about the condition of what they are selling and price things realisically. I think you just missed out on a decent pair of carbs this morning.

I'll probably go for these on mine.
http://www.mikesxs.net/product/48-9010.html

I sent them an email asking about jetting etc. for the 400 and they sent back

Our 48-9010 works great on the XS400. We actually put them on our 400 a couple weeks ago and they work great. We need to modify a couple small things, but they will be ready to ship next week.

Won't be for a little while before I commit but they're definitely the carbs I want.

Thanks for all the replys. I think I am gonna keep searching the classifieds but if nothing shows up those aftermarket carbs look good.

Back