Where to Buy New Chain

Kinney

1978 XS400-2E
Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my chain and sprockets. I have a 78 xs4002E. Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend any websites to buy a new chain. The stock OEM chain is 50 DSDID 102L for $146. Is this the going price for a new chain or is the price high?

I paid like 120 euros for a set with the two sprockets. But now I see this amazon :wtf: almost can't believe it's the real deal

I got a made in Japan 110 link DID chain for my Maxim this spring. It was $50 (cdn) from a Yamaha dealer.

It certainly works very well, but I do not know the tensile strength so can't say if it's a long-lifer or a stop-gap. I will check the box next week when I am home. Certainly no need to pay $146 though.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yeah, I went to my local Yamaha dealer's website and searched OEM parts and that's what pulled up. I thought $146 seemed a bit high, but I'm new to the xs400 parts world, so I thought I would ask first.

:laugh: Okay, $40 bucks delievered, Howmuch for the Sake? Tickets? Hotel? various meals? From Austrialia how many hours in the air? :D I suppose your closer than the rest of us.

:laugh: Okay, $40 bucks delievered, Howmuch for the Sake? Tickets? Hotel? various meals? From Austrialia how many hours in the air? :D I suppose your closer than the rest of us.

According to the interwebs, Tokyo to Sydney is 4,800 miles and Tokyo to Hudson Wisconsin is 6,000 miles. Not that much of a difference. :bike:

Back