Where to buy new coils other than mikesxs

njcafe84

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Im having an issue with the bike and Im 90% positive its the coils I just put on the bike from mikesxs. I had such a terrible experience with them over these coils(received 2 damaged coils causing me a 10 day delay) and now after running great over the weekend the bike seems to be running rough again.

In short Id like to replace the coils and need to know who sells them....

Thanks

I just bought 4ohm black coils for mikesXS, supposed to work on 650 and xs400 models - haven't had a chance to start bike yet cause rebuilding carbs first.

Have to admit, the exposed metal leads coming off the coils have me wondering if I wasted 75.00........

here is a pair of used ones with less than 1k miles (was hoping to buy them myself but can't afford now) in good condition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Yamaha...&hash=item2a36dec53f&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

ebuzz

I believe partsnmore.com had them at some point. Perhaps they are still in stock.

I know there was some recent bad press about those new black coils they sell, but I can't be 100% sure it was really the coils at fault. They were being used on a custom wiring harness. We have no way of knowing what really happened with them and only one person reported a problem so far that I have noticed unless I missed other posts.

If you can find more than one person having a problem let me know. I'm interested.

Definitely let us know how it goes when you get there ebuzz.

I have the older "gray" colored aftermarket coils they used to have and I have done a few thousand miles on them so far without issue.

Back