Which line is the RF mark ?

The cam chain should look like the photo.

Here's a question: do the points open and close at any point during a full revolution (ignoring timing)?

Attachments

• valvetime.jpg
    valvetime.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 162
Finally succes.

It helped to move the camchaft-chain one tooth. When the chain guides are not in, the chain i quite loose, and the cam-sprocket can turn quite a lot.

Thanks for the advice about using light to adjust the ignition-plate.
full

I put a light next to the ignition - put a battericharger to the engine (-) and (+) to one wire on the light, ans the other wire from the light to the wire to the contact breaker. So when the contact breaker opened, the light went out.
full

Worked very well !

Must admit that adjusting the contact breaker gab is not as easy, as it looks in Haynes manual. Both the top with the points (contacts) and the bottom which runs on the camshaft must be adjusted. Haynes doesn't tell this :(

bcware - yes the cam looked liked that. But with the chain guides not in, there is quite a slack - and that made it possible to place the chain one tooth wrong.

Thanks for all the help !!!!

I am glad it worked out and you stuck with it. I had a rough time figuring this out when I first tried. Sometimes the books need to be supplemented!

Thank You, guys, for all Your generous help :thumbsup:

It almost got me down, but with Your help I got back in the saddle, and got the ignition so sharply adjusted. Also adjusted the valves, and cleaned the carbs.

The bike runs very well now :bike: - and without spilling any oil at all :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back