Who sells float valves

Rat Bastard

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Needing a pair of float valves for a 1980 XS400. Mikes XS is out of stock and has been for a while for the 80-81 valves. They have ones for 1979. Does anyone out there know who else sales these valves? THANKS!!:bike:

Are you talking the actual brass floats or the float needle? Mikes has the float needle on stock for $5/pc, part #48-5014. If you're talking the actual brass floats, I got both of mine from a place in England called NRP Carbs for $48 including shipping to the U.S.

partsnmore.com, $9/ set part #48-1445, $15/ set with bowl gasket part #48-1408.

When you need parts, check these websites:
siriusconinc.com
partsnmore.com
nrp-carbs.co.uk
and you know about mikesxs.com

Man these float valves and seats are becoming hard to find. Actually Parts and More doesn't list them for 81-82. Sirius has them but for $57 EACH plus rip off shipping. I won't pay that. MikesXS in Canada is having online gremlins and I can't order anything. Does anyone know the measurements of a fresh O ring on the brass float seat? The push in one, not the threaded style. I measured an old hard shrunk one at 10 x 2 mm. I may solve my problems by replacing the O ring with a viton one if I can find the right size. I'm currently soaking a test O ring in brake fluid to see if it will swell.

The 80-84 xs650 used the same part try looking for them. The xs650 is much more popular than the 400:wink2:

Man these float valves and seats are becoming hard to find. Actually Parts and More doesn't list them for 81-82. Sirius has them but for $57 EACH plus rip off shipping. I won't pay that. MikesXS in Canada is having online gremlins and I can't order anything. Does anyone know the measurements of a fresh O ring on the brass float seat? The push in one, not the threaded style. I measured an old hard shrunk one at 10 x 2 mm. I may solve my problems by replacing the O ring with a viton one if I can find the right size. I'm currently soaking a test O ring in brake fluid to see if it will swell.

Parts and More DOES list them for those years. They have a "Rebuild Kit" that is '80-'82 which includes a bowl gasket, needle, seat, and o-ring for $15. Then they have a needle and seat kit for '80-'81 and one for '82 models for $9 and $8, respectively.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 196
Back