Will a 120/90-18 fit?

Oleschool

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a dual purpose tire and was wondering if this will fit using my stock front fender.

Heidenau K60 Scout Dual Sport Front Tire 120/90-18

From what I can remember that size is a little wide for the front end. It has to do with width over height and then throw in the rim width & diameter to make it interesting. But there are cross reference charts on many tire websites that will give you the most accurate answer.

Have fun trying to turn.
That tire can be up to 5.16 inches wide. Just put a ruler between the fork and let me know what you get.
That's pretty much the size you would use on our rear tire.

Edit- So the answer is no, it's way too big.

120 is what i have on myfz600 rear.
no way would I put one on the front, as wolfie said, it won't steer and if you have an accident the insurance might not pay out

Thanks for the replies.I'm trying to match the tread to the rear,but don't want anything unsafe.My 16" rear is really making it tough for me to get the look I want.I'll keep looking for another tire.

Dual-sport and 16" don't go well together. I burned up 2 Bridgestone TW-40 (120/90-16) rear tires last year as they were the only decent tires I could find. They literally melted on the highway. The front TW-39 (90/100-19) has been ok, but I'll be replacing it soon to match the new rear tire.

Don't buy tires for looks. Buy the tire you need for most of your riding. You may not be fashionable when stopped, but you will enjoy the riding much more!

Back