XS250 Undecided Project.

Ollie

XS250 Nutter
Reaction score
Hi, This is my second post on this forum but basically I'm a newbie who impulse bought an XS250(parts from one) and I'm going to try and rebuild it with limited time/money. My initial aim was to cafe racer it but I also love the look of some of the trackers people have built so depending on where my mindset is a bit later down the line it still remains undecided.

The frame has been messed around with quite a lot, It needs a new swingarm as the previous owner patched over rust and it rattles with rust :doh:, he also chopped the rear of the frame off and many other brackets in his try at a bobber. Personally I hate choppers/cruisers so want it as far from one as possible.

Currently I'm trying to put the thing back together from the heap of parts he claimed once was a complete bike but it's hard since everything was taken apart and stuffed in a box. Especially the engine. I've roughly put one engine back together after being stumped by the endless cam chain and realising it had a chain tensioner but managed to sort that.

I also have a question in regard to the models. I understand some where sold as cruisers and some where sold more as cafe racer styled bikes, I believe mine to be the cafe version due to the tank/seat but could someone please confirm this?

Enough of the waffle and onto the pics(there aren't many at this stage as it's all just a pile of parts but as it progresses I'll try and post some pictures):

Ollie.

nice seat even though its cut up a bit.

the rear frame would need chopping anyway as there is too much of a hump there.

I see you got a front wire wheel, did you get a rear too?

Back