xs400 1982

Bubblegum

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a xs400 from my brother in-law. It has been sitting for a couple of years but it ran when he parked it. I got a new battery and I am not getting any Spark to the spark plug wires. Also I have to bridge the post on the part labeled Starter Relay(comes right off the battery) To get the starter to turn over. I am wondering what I should replace first? The starter relay Or the Part labeled CDI Igniter box? Anyone that has any suggestion?

Thanks,
Brian

First things first. You can throw parts at it and just spend a lot of money. Check the fuses and clean all the electrical connections. It could be that contacts in switches are dirty. I would not buy anything until I knew it was bad. Get a manual. There are a lot of testing procedures.

Good luck!

Just picked up a xs400 from my brother in-law. It has been sitting for a couple of years but it ran when he parked it. I got a new battery and I am not getting any Spark to the spark plug wires. Also I have to bridge the post on the part labeled Starter Relay(comes right off the battery) To get the starter to turn over. I am wondering what I should replace first? The starter relay Or the Part labeled CDI Igniter box? Anyone that has any suggestion?

Thanks,
Brian
I tried a while ago to start my '82 xs400rj seca,and had similar problems.Recheck the neutral position,and raise your kickstand.There is a lock-out on the kickstand and the neutral,not the light,but the actual trans position. lha

Back