xs400 diaphragm broken and new slider wont fit

kingkev

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey i have a 1981 xs400 which has a broken carburettor diaphragm its in the shop and the machanic has ordered a new diaphragm and slider which will not fit he thinks it may have the carbs off of a xs250 .My question is did yamaha change the size of the slider from one year to another if so do you know the sizes or can the xs250 carbs be jetted to work on my bike which has foam sock air filters and fairly open exhaust i think i know the answer to the last question ... I hadn't ridden the bike in good condition as it came to me as a basket case and is now a bobber ..cheers..

Last edited:
Hey i have a 1981 xs400 which has a broken carburettor diaphragm its in the shop and the machanic has ordered a new diaphragm and slider which will not fit he thinks it may have the carbs off of a xs250 .My question is did yamaha change the size of the slider from one year to another if so do you know the sizes or can the xs250 carbs be jetted to work on my bike which has foam sock air filters and fairly open exhaust i think i know the answer to the last question ... I hadn't ridden the bike in good condition as it came to me as a basket case and is now a bobber ..cheers..

400 carbs are bigger than 250 carbs so its likely they don't fit.

you can get diaphrams from NRP carbs in MAnchester and all other carby bits.

http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/

Back