Wanted - Yamaha tank emblem for '82 XS400R Seca

robindean

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if the screw-on Yamaha tank emblems are interchangeable in terms of right or left.

Assuming they're not, the one on my right is just fine. The one on my left, however, is missing some of the reflective gold leaf.

I'd like to find one that's in good condition.

Anyone have one?

PM me with photos.

I've got mine somewhere (82 Seca). They were in pretty good condition if I recall correctly. I'll take a look after work today.

Will do. And instead of responding to any of your other threads I figured I'd mention this here. I've got most stock parts from my bike still and won't be using many of them so if you're still searching for other stuff just let me know on here, PM, or email me at my user name at gmail dot com and I can let you know if I've got what you need.

PM sent but haven't heard from you in a few weeks, so ... anyone else have these?

@carreragt7 - hit me up if you do come across them.

Sorry for the delay! I've been crazy busy lately all while battling a really persistent sinus infection (even had nasal surgery and still having fun issues)...

I found one of my emblems, not sure if it is the left or right. I believe I have both of them so I'll look a little harder in the storage area and take some pics.

The one I found was in pretty decent shape considering it's age.

I only could find the one, which I believe is the left. It has some wear and a small crack as shown in the pics. Let me know if you're interested in it or not.
431843_10150972968904442_385430790_n.jpg

561459_10150972969054442_1405190095_n.jpg

295155_10150972969189442_676107161_n.jpg

Not bad, good sir ... but I'm going to pass.

My current one isn't cracked, so I'm thinking I might just get some gold leaf and rebuild the lettering on both sides.

That is, unless somebody ELSE has one that isn't cracked(?)

I greatly appreciate the effort. Thank you!

Back