You may be an XS400 owner...

HoughMade

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
...if you've ever seen a vision of the Blessed Virgin in an oil stain under your clutch rod seal...

...if you've ever sent a Hallmark card to "Mike" trying to get him to stock more 400 parts.

...if the only "300" on the back of your bike involves lowering your standards at last call...

...if you determine your need for a haircut based on how your helmet fits...

...if you don't know who this Mikuni guy was, but you're pretty sure he never kickstarted anything on a cold day...

...if you can't remember your wife's birthday, but you can remember the valve clearance specs for your bike...

...if you've ever raised a clenched fist to the sky and yelled: "D@mn, you Yamaha, d@mn you to he!!....I will have a steady idle if it kills both of us!!!"...

...if you've ever woke up from a nightmare that involved the tips of your idle mixture screws breaking off...

...if you were born in '78 and your wife was born in '79, so you refer to yourself as 'E' and her as 'F'...

...if you've written to Santa asking for a set of XS250 wire wheels with disk brakes...

...if you've ever bought a cheap bike and said, "I can have it running/bob it/cafe it/chop it in a couple of weeks," without checking to see how many parts don't fit the xs400...

...if you've had more than one person at the gas station compliment you on your xs650 :(

...if you go to sell your bike and include blood, sweat and carb cleaning in the price...

...if you've ever been insulted by a guy named drewpy :) ...

...if you join the forum thinking you gave your carbs a thurogh cleaning, but later find out that taking the float bowl off and spraying it with carb cleaner doesnt count. because they are mikunis.

...if you just got your bike amd dont use the search bar to look for threads on what your about to ask

...if you carry a piece of paper in your wallet with specs on what tunnel sizes will fit your stupid jacked up triple backbone and not lay at an angle.

its ok. i wasnt singling you out, but its just gotten on my nerves how they clog the garage. lol ill ask trav to have a note sent to a new members invoice telling them how to use it and where its located. lol

...if you bought a manual on eBay before you realized it was free to download on XS400.com...

...if you think there's no way the engineers at Yamaha know as much about chassis design as you do...

...if you've ever used the phrase: "mo carbs, mo problems."...

...if you've ever had to explain the presence of carb bodies in a stock pot on the stove...

its ok. i wasnt singling you out, but its just gotten on my nerves how they clog the garage. lol ill ask trav to have a note sent to a new members invoice telling them how to use it and where its located. lol

no worries, i just can't ever find what i'm looking for.

...if you've ever tried to figure out why parts on a '78 won't fit on an '80, it's the same bike, right...

...if you've ever said "i'm sure the part i found on mike's will fit if i hit it hard enough"...

...if you've ever thought that every bike revs at 7500 rpm on the highway...

...if you've ever bought a cheap bike and said, "I can have it running/bob it/cafe it/chop it in a couple of weeks," without checking to see how many parts don't fit the xs400...

...if you've ever been insulted by a guy named drewpy :) ...

hey, :gun: :laugh:

Hough you're hitting the nail on the head and making me laugh something fierce.

...if you were born in '78 and your wife was born in '79, so you refer to yourself as 'E' and her as 'F'... - Sounds like something I would do lol

...if you bought a manual on eBay before you realized it was free to download on XS400.com... - FML $30 I could have spent on steel braided brake lines, clutch cable, brake pads, exhaust baffles. WHY!?

"Wasting too much money on random XS parts that don't fit, are too expensive or could be made for less? There's an app for that." - I'm waiting for the day...

...if you find a bike in a barn and trade a computer for it thinking you can have it running in a day or two with minimal effort. (learned this the hard way and it is still not running yet.) :doh:

....if every comment about your bike has the word 'little' in it.
"Thats a peppy little bike!", "What a neat little bike!"," What a nimble little bike!"
....if you pray before every startup,especially when you are miles from home
....if you have to rev it at every stoplight (ugh..hate to admit that one)

If you walk into a yamaha dealership and buy every used xs400 part they have even if you already have 7 or 8 of them. :doh:

...If you always have to explain what kind of bike it started as.

...If you've said to yourself "I know i cleaned them good enough"

...If you've ever said "stupid F&$#ing charging system!?"

Back