77 xs 400 simple wiring question

2eightcustoms

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a quick question, I am looking at running this set up on a 77 xs 400.. is this correct? does my black/red wire go to black on the stator? thankss

Attachments

• XS400_1977_Wiring_sm.jpg
    XS400_1977_Wiring_sm.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
I think 15amp would be better if he's running the headlight and turn signals off the same supply line. But that's just me.

Looks like he only has a headlight and tail light witch on a stock setup uses a 10.

Looks like he only has a headlight and tail light witch on a stock setup uses a 10.

Ah I stand corrected, that's what I get for looking at the pic on a small phone :)

That being said, I would still go for a 15 amp. But it really depends on the bulb type being used. If running a stock taillight, an h4 head light, and a horn, you could draw up to 11 amps (if the high beam is depressed, all filaments on both 1157s are lit, and horn is depressed).

Fuses need to be sized according to wire capability.. If it's 18ga he could run up to a 20+ amp fuse safely. The fuse is intended to protect the wiring, not necessarily just supply the accessories...

Back