78 xs400

Cameron

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I just bought the 78 xs400 and was wondering this bike would be worth the time to make into a bobber.:confused:

Attachments

• MEMEMEMEME.jpg
    MEMEMEMEME.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 233
Welcome to the forum! That would depend on a few things...Like does it run, is it able to be made to run? Do you have the skills needed to make it happen? Is it whorth it to you?

I agree :)
The bike looks good, looks like you've got a nice 2-1 exhaust.
Most important thing it whether the bike is running, and if not what's keeping it from running. The bike lends itself to bobber, bratstyle and cafe builds quite well, though all of these will require some work. Whether you're willing to do that work is a question only you can answer.

Welcome to the forum!

Title depends on your state's laws... I have the title to mine, but I just found out in Alabama if it is 30 years old you can get a vintage motorcycle tag for only $10. All you do is fill out a simple application with the VIN#. No title needed! The tag and $10 is a one time purchase for the life of the vehicle!... SO check your state law! .... Of course it also states that the vehicle cannot be used for daily transportation. Must be used only for bike club events or shows. That doesn't get enforced that well anyway here. I only use mine to buzz around town in the evenings anyway and show it a couple of times a year.

If you have a vision,the tools and knowledge you could do anything you want.I would make sure all the paper work is legit before starting anything then make sure the engine runs.I hate seeing these bikes cut up but its yours don't let my opinion discourage you from doing what you want.:wink2:

Back