Almost done

happy61

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just a pic of the old girl, almost finished. Nothing radical, no hard tail, ape hangers, etc but a big difference from stock. Should be OK for an old geezer like me. Will post some more pics when I get her home. Really enjoy spending time here, some great guys from all over the planet. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bike after pic.JPG
    Bike after pic.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 319
With the summer months ahead what could be more fun than a little 400cc to play around on? Hope you have a great time on the bike when you get it home.

Thanks for the kind words. Some of the guys on here can probably relate to my situation. I bought this bike 33 years ago and rode it to work in another town daily. Rode it in sun, rain, anytime there wasn't snow on the ground and a few times when there was. I loved riding so much it was going to be my lifestyle forever. Then along came the kids and somehow I just got out of the habit of riding. Now I'm 67 and the bike was sitting in the garage and the wife thought something should be done with it. I doubt if fixing it up and riding again was what she had in mind but I think the little 400 and I both deserve a second chance so here we go. Better to wear out than rust out, right?

Thanks for the kind words. Some of the guys on here can probably relate to my situation. I bought this bike 33 years ago and rode it to work in another town daily. Rode it in sun, rain, anytime there wasn't snow on the ground and a few times when there was. I loved riding so much it was going to be my lifestyle forever. Then along came the kids and somehow I just got out of the habit of riding. Now I'm 67 and the bike was sitting in the garage and the wife thought something should be done with it. I doubt if fixing it up and riding again was what she had in mind but I think the little 400 and I both deserve a second chance so here we go. Better to wear out than rust out, right?
Man, the history with that bike is awesome! I'm glad you're giving her a second chance, she deserves it!

One of the best looking bikes on here in my opinion!

Awesome; despite being new to everything I find it to be a very rewarding hobby. The bike looks very clean; nice seat, too. I want to see it from some other angles!

Great bike and great story. Not many can say they still have the same bike after 33 years! I can identify with your desire to get back in the saddle. About the same for me about 5 years ago. Keep us posted and we need MORE PICS!

looks like fun! :)
Great job man, and what a story! If you have any before pics, or pics from back in the day, that would be appreciated as well. :)

Here's a few pics from before. Pretty standard fare. Hard to believe she sat in the garage for 20 years, uncovered, not turned over, and still looks that good. A testament to Yamaha engineering!

Attachments

• 2010-11-10 054.JPG
    2010-11-10 054.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 2010-11-10 055.JPG
    2010-11-10 055.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 246
  • 2010-11-10 056.JPG
    2010-11-10 056.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 269
Back