Bike Is Done 81 XS400

How Much Should i sell 81 XS400 bobber

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chickenone

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
runs perfect :) now im ready to build a bigger bike :).. How much should i sell this one for??? also i have for sale

Head light stock with ears 20$
Back Brake Lever 10$
new never used master front cylinder with new cable 80$
Brake caliper front 25$
tach cable 5$
clutch cable 5$
foot pegs 10$
Ignition/Key/Gas cap 40$
Mirrors 20$

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 365
Bike sales are seasonal. If you can wait I would, until spring. I had a friend who used to buy bikes from November through February and flip them May through July making a few hundred dollars a bike.

Carlsbad may not be as bad as other places but that thing would sell fast once the beach warms up.

Just my two cents

i love your bike, but there are certain areas where i wouldnt feel comfortable paying 3K for it. some areas like engine reliability and finish look great. the electronic bag is aftermarket, therefor, $$. welds could be better where the hardtail meets to the frame, bars could have been done cleaner, or painted. exhaust could be cleaner, and the axle plate are the stock swing arm bits with a gusset welded in. to me, thats a 2k bobber of i were to buy it. i know you threw it together quickly, and it looks good. i like it. but if i were to buy it those are some of the things i would point out so i wouldnt end up paying 3k for it. not trying to be a douche, just letting ya know what my view as a buyer would be

Yeah, around my way that's a $2000.00 bike, maybe $2500.00 tops. I like the stance, but it's a strange mixture of finished and rough. I think if you painted the tank, the bars, and wrapped the exhaust you'd potentially get more for a minimal investment. But who knows you might find someone with a bigger bike that's done some mods and is willing to trade.

Back