Bobber project in Sweden

what do you guys think about the way the tank is mounted now? (pics on previous page)
it's mounted that way because the pet-cock was in the way. :( thought about moving it, but since I wanted to ride I took the wise decision to postpone it to the future. :)

but looking at it now, it doesn't look all that bad. I also bought a bicycle-computer to use instead of those huge gauges which makes the tank look better. Think i'm gonna stick with it and fill in the hole at the front. :) but please give me your take on it!

Last edited:
yeah, the gap underneath the tank is the thing i'm thinking about. I have to either relocate the petcock or put it on the frame and use a fuel line between the tank and petcock. But then again, there is something about it when it sits up that way. But am I saying that because I like it or because it works?
Haha, gonna see if i come to terms with myself. :)

if you like it, run it. but if not, maybe use a compression fitting with and angle to clear the frame, then have an on/off fitting and then an in-line fuel filter. ive seen that done and it looks, and works great.

it rides!...nice! the tank dosnt look bad, reminds me of an older triumph or something...definently different...would look better without the gap but hey...

Thanks for the input guys!

After some serious thought i'm going to keep the tank the way it sits. Going to clean up the area under the tank from all the wires though. God I hate wires. :)

Took it for another ride today, this time without the gauges. Installed a bicycle-computer and it worked out great! :bike:

How have you guys running without a tachometer plugged the hole in the motor? For now the cable is still in there since I didn't have the time to find a solution. :)

imag0266_144923731.jpg

Thanks for the tip drewpy!
But i figured since i'm trying to keep the cost down i would mod the existing wire plug. (also didn't wanna wait for it) ;)
I filled it with silicone and it seems to work out just fine, left enough room for the tach-thing to spin freely. We'll see how it holds up.

Finished the electrical stuff on the bike today. Good to know is that if you want to remove your self cancelling unit all you have to do is unplug it. My indicators stopped working after I removed the gauges, since the wires from the selfc-unit loop through the speedometer. But when I tried removing the sc-unit they popped back in. :) also had to re-solder one of the indicators, took me a while to figure out that was the problem, but now everything works fine and dandy. :)

have been trying to get the exact color that is on my helmet using a special camera. But the places i've been to can only take pictures of flat surfaces. I don't wanna wait anymore so I'll try the flat surface pic and see how close it gets. Close enough i hope. :)

took some more pics, and I guess you won't complain. :bike:

imag0269_145908007.jpg

imag0270_145908202.jpg

imag0271_145909663.jpg

imag0273_145910890.jpg

imag0272_145911160.jpg

Hey guys!

I now got the paint, going at it this friday.

I also had the carbs apart, looked really nice. The main jets were 130, and I was expecting more like 140+ (because of the 2-1) I first couldn't figure it out, because the bike is not running lean. Then I saw a pdf on the german site that clearly stated that stock mains are 125 for my carbs. Phew! :thumbsup:
haha, too much internet knowledge and too little garage time evidently. :)

Anyhow, i decided I don't want that (IMO) ugly air-box back on the bike. So i ordered some pods and a few jets.
the pilots are really hard to come by though, all I can find is the other kind. :) the one for the bs38 model. Will it be total failure if I run my 42.5 pilots with pods and 2-1?(as a rule of thumb it's 3up main, 1up pilot, right?) I kinda know the answer, but still asking. any european sites where I can get pilots?

I also bought a crankcase filter (I have a rear fender hardtailed77 ;) so no need for religion :bike:) and a new smaller battery locally. (12v 3ah) hopefully that will hold up since i'm running kick-only, no gauges, headlight, indicators and led tail light.

There is always something new that needs to be done... :)

be back this weekend, hopefully with pics. :)

isigt the german version of this bike has 20kW engine, it is detuned with camshaft and it probably has smaller jets aswell.
So better recheck just to be safe.

@foul
i have a 4g5 model and the bs34 carbs for that model is a little different. I don't know why, but rechecked and it is indeed 125 stock for them. So all safe and sound, just waiting for the goods to arrive. :)

So, to the pics! :)

imag0305_148028277.jpg

imag0306_148028323.jpg

i'm not yet finished with the paint. It's hard using an air-gun. But there is always a first for everything. My dad helped me out in the end, and he will also lay the last layer tomorrow hopefully. :) He's been a great pal to bounce ideas with throughout the build.

I have a tendency to use things already present and make them work for my purpose. This saves me both money and time. Since i'm going with the pods, i need a new place for my battery. I present to you, the battery cage! :)

imag0307_148028649.jpg

it's off an old lawnmower and fits perfect under the seat. :bike:
imag0308_148028580.jpg

now it's the waiting game, and then getting the bike to run good with pods. Then I'll keep myself from any more major work for a while and concentrate on the riding. :D
if I can, and the bike will let me. :)

Back