Bratstyle 1982 SECA

Oh and the rag on the motor is to soak-up the gas that the carbs puked out to the Pods...
Carbs will be coming as I guess we have floats issues.

Seat came back, tucked some wires and....DONE.
...For now...Cause this is the safety inspection version...But still....DONE.
IMG_20170323_191721.jpg

After the safety, we will ditch the ugly tachi/Speedo cluster for a single unit, change out the signals, cut back the fenders...Will post pictures of it...Once it is really to my buddy's taste.

My buddy went to the cops for the title which he got no problem.
Then went for the safety inspection which the bike passes with "flyin' colors"(actual inspector's words)
Then got it licenced.
So now it's back to the shop to shorten the fenders, change rubbers,signals and mirors, also gauge cluster.
Will post final result soon.

If you mean the stainless allenheads for all the covers...
I ordered them from Ebay Bulk in each size required bases on the numbers on the parts diagram found on Yamahapartshouse...

Made a rear hoop. Had to rig something up on my welding table first.View attachment 28054
The 7/8 tube fits right in between the square tube and the rounded off template.We filled the tube with sand to prevent kinks, taped off the ends, braced the table to a tree, then with a 10 foot 1 inch tube bended the 7/8 like it was nothin'.
We proceeded to cutting to lenght and plug welding/welding the hoop to the frame.
Also welded the brackets(1/4 inch steel) for the shocks. A little paint and we will be starting basic assembly soonView attachment 28055 View attachment 28056
The new shock brackets extend past the hoop weld to act as reinforcements , it Will be a single Seat bike but better err on the safe/sturdy side.
When you bent the 7/8 tubing did you need heat? Or did it bend that easy without?

Just read it all and this little bike is sweet! Nice little project you guys did. Was that just the factory exhaust?

I was really looking for something like this also but ended up with a 400 as I couldn't find anything local.

Well it is a 400 but DOHC....and the exhaustsame are aftermarket...my guess is emgo. They were on the bike when we bought it.

Sorry I was talking about the original one with the mono shock. I wanted to do a bobber out of one.

I really like the way this turned out and may be changing my mind now and just running the stock frame and do something along these lines. I am liking the knobby tires on there!

Back