Breather filter question

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys where do i get those breather filters at that go on the crankcase?Also how do they install and what do I need to put one on my bike?Thanks.

I live in a moronic small town simple things are kinda hard to find around here,I usualy have to make a trip to the burbs of detroit to find what i need.The parts stores around here most likely wouldnt have a clue if i went in and asked.

Im pretty sure I already told you that they clamp right on and you can buy them off of ebay. Not to hard to figure it out.

Ok I found your original answer I must have over looked it some how my bad,Thanks I`ll take a look on ebay and see what I can find.

Last edited:
Ok here is some detail of how I did it step by step. I typed "12 mm breather filter" in an ebay search. I ordered it. When it arrived I took off the old breather tube. Pushed the new filter into place and clamped it down.

The motor has an extension to mount the filter on, it is the same extension that the breather tube is clamped to. It is fairly straight forward once you take the original breather tube off you should be able to see the process.

-Hope this helps :)

I popped a K&N one on mine. Barely fits under the carbs... in fact I have to take it off to get the carbs on/off.

Got it from Summit I believe.

Back