Chain gone/stuck in N?

tbakic

1st cafe project underway
Reaction score
So I'm out riding and take off and I'm giving her the sauce, shift into 2nd and nothing. I thought I found neutral so I tried shifting again...nope. I try shifting down to 1, nope. So I pull over and look down...no chain:yikes: I'm waiting to be picked up now and trying to figure out what happened. Chain, ok it broke? Big deal. It's probably the original. But why is it stuck in neutral?:shrug: It shifted fine, no noticeable problems shifting before this incident. More info/ pics to come as I get the bike home and pull of covers... Ugggg

Okay so it's not stuck in neutral I am an idiot and I realized that even if it is in gear there is no chain connecting the rear wheel to the front sprocket so it will always roll even if it is ib gear LOL!!!

And I just finished rebuilding my petcock this morning and was out for the first ride. Definitely one of those days. When were leaving I saw the chain in the middle of the road. I'm gonna go back and see if its still there

Take off your sprocket cover and have a good look around to see if the chain did any damage when it left home. Sometimes it will strike the clutch push rod or crack the case when the end of the chain whips around.

Back