Clip-ons/clubmans with mid controls..what's your opinion?

njcafe84

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I'm very undecided on what direction I want to head with my bike. Brat-style or cafe....I was wondering what's everyone's opinion and experiences with the clubman or clip-on set up with the stock mid controls.

How's the ride? Comfort wise? Does it hurt your back? Leg cramps? These sort of things...

Posted via Mobile

My back hurts just thinking about it! I went the other direction with my bars. I sit upright and can stand on the pegs without leaning over much. I'm not interested in building yet another pseudo cafe racer, I'm building a light weight adventure touring bike. And I ride it more than most would consider reasonable for a 400...

Depends on your size and riding style sit on your bike using your kick stand and zip tie a broom in the location you think the bars will be...... are you reasonably comfortable for the style riding you plan to do if so give it a shot if not you saved yourself some $ and headache

i have clubman bars on mine, ive had it about a month and a half ride it everyday and on long rides it might hurt ur back depending on how tall u r, im 5'5" and got used to it after about 1 and a half weeks. hope it helps

I got clubman bars, and stock mid controls. I'm 6'1" and i think it is pretty comfortable. I haven't done any long rides yet since I am still in build phase, but I don't see any issues so far.

Im 5,10 and have had clip ons on all year and rode over 6000 miles and i think there comfortable.

Posted via Mobile

Back