Did I just screw myself?

Robsteeler66

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Okay, So my electrical is screwed on my bike, so I decided to look into replacing the harness. I considered using Drewpy's thread and doing it myself, but decided to take one last look on Ebay. So when I saw this NOS wiring harness, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Yamaha-...-00-/361231844070?hash=item541b1882e6&vxp=mtr
I got all excited and just bought it before someone else snagged it. I thought my bike was a 4R4, but I have the Special II and it turns out that it's the 4R5. My question is, how different are the bikes? Basically, how screwed am I? :doh:

I think you will be fine, (but that doesn't mean I know anything) The one colored wire diagram, was very much appreciated for 4R4 (our bike) to what appears to be some of the 82's. With out going to the actual side by side comparison of the wire diagrams.

Got the harness today. Looks great! The only thing I see wrong with it, is that one of the connectors on a single brown wire was clipped off at some point so I'll have to fix that. Now I have a dilemma. Re-use the blade fuse box that I put in, or use the perfect old style one that is attached to the harness?

Plus any suggestions on a crimper? I'm going to need a good one to make all of these connections.

Back