Drag Pipes/glasspaks/baffles etc...!?

reegs

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
curious if anybody is running any sort of dragpipes with baffles, or 'lollipops'? aka 3/4" adustable washers.
open headers is a little too loud for me and seems abit too raunchy...... with all the projects going on out there hoping somebody got some 411, thnx again!

this might sound crazy but i went an o rileys and just bought some truck tips and cut my old pipes off and welded them on its loud and it looks sweet

Cody its not crazy cause I was at Oriely`s yesterday looking at pipes for my xs400 also.The ones I found had a realy huge opening at the front.So Im going to check some of the other auto parts places today.

Keep in mind that a LOT of areas are enacting noise by-laws. The average cager (driver) is tired of loud bikes and have been petitioning local gov't.

Around the Greater Toronto Area, a number of municipalities now have by-laws like these in place and the police are letting everyone know that they intend to enforce these by-laws aggressively. I've read that many counties and states are doing the same...

Check your local laws and choose your mufflers accordingly!

In a way I wish we had noise ordance here where I live.All the harleys around here are loud as hell.
With that being said I dont like a bike that so quiet you cant here it.

I need to throttle back when i ride near the law, and the MOT has noise limits in the check list but is open to interpretation by the tester!

FYI, when I do a perf. core exhaust, I typically replicate the outlet so that it is close to the size of the stock outlet. That way some of the stock back pressure/waves are preserved and carb fiddling is reduced yet the sound is enhanced without getting too obnoxious. I've done this with great effect to my FZR400 (Vance&Hines exhaust), my Virago535(completely refabricated internals). On my XS400, I simply cut out the outlet plates on the stock exhausts and welded them onto the internal outlet plates of the Emgos I got. Haven't got everything back together yet to hear them run but I am quite confident of my results from past experience.

I went from stock to I think 2 inch tips with a step up that I welded to the end of the drag pipe to the start of the slash cut pipes. with header wrap they are quieter than my other drag pipes with no wrap or tips

ill get a better pic in a minute

I wish i could take a pic have no way right now till I get a new one but it looks cool.A good desription would be wrapped header pipes with chrome 3 inch wide 20-23 inch length with turnouts to the side.Finaly the crossover is gone!I thought about wrapping the mufflers to but I like the chrome.

Back