Dual front discs?

Oh....... looks like it might not pop off. :(

Super lame :(:(:(:(

After crying for a while... I'm editing my post to ask for tips of next steps toward a dual disc in the front?
New Wheel?
Drill?
Other options?

Man.. So bummed.
Some predrilled holes under a plastic cap would have been a happy surprise.

Last edited:
Sorry dude, ultra lame... I say if you have the means/equipment then drill and tap. Otherwise search around for a new wheel that has them.

Sorry dude, ultra lame... I say if you have the means/equipment then drill and tap. Otherwise search around for a new wheel that has them.

Alright. Well... To the drawing board. Haha.

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

(still bummed. Just for the record)

go the distance wester:D 19" front and rear or nuttin':smoke:
NewTracker008.jpg

Ok, so your wheel won't mount a second brake rotor. Replace your stock 14 mm bore master cylinder with a 10 or 11 mm master cylinder. Run a one piece braided stainless steel brake line.
This will give you comparable braking power but not add the extra weight of a rotor or caliper.
If you do run a dual disc up front use your stock 14 mm bore master cylinder.
Leo

I've done some experimenting with brakes on my 75 XS650B. I have a 79-82 front end, assembled from parts from all those years.
I have tried both dual and single disc as well as master cylinders with bores from 12 to 16 mm.
The thing I found was to increase braking you need to increase the squeeze the brake pads exert on the rotors.
A stock system with a 14 mm bore M/C and a single. Exerts a certain pad pressure, To increase the pressure you need to increase the fluid pressure in the system.
One way to increase the fluid pressure is to use a smaller bore M/C. The smaller bore creates more fluid pressure.
Another way is to use the dual disc. Adding the extra caliper does the same thing but instead of increasing the pressure it doubles the area the pressure works on.
Both ways increase the pads pressure on the rotors.
Leo

are you still installing those USD forks wester? If so, are you really planning on using the stock xs caliper/master combo:wtf:

Here's another option:wink2: 320 ducati rotor, R1 caliper, 1/2" MC, I can do stopies all day long:D

P1020832.jpg

are you still installing those USD forks wester? If so, are you really planning on using the stock xs caliper/master combo:wtf:

Here's another option:wink2: 320 ducati rotor, R1 caliper, 1/2" MC, I can do stopies all day long:D

P1020832.jpg

Yes. Still doing the inverted forks. So I wanted to run the dual discs. This thread was a HUUUUUGE help! :bike:

Back