Duro Tires-a close match?

bornIIloose

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm browsing for new tires for my 1981 XS400. The PO put on the Kenda challenger in the rear (which is pretty much terrible in all weather conditions) and an unmatched cruiser looking front tire.

I would love to install a matching set, but apparently they don't exist (18" front/16" rear mag wheels, not spokes). SO I am looking for the closest possible option. I found these Duro HF261A tires online, which has the correct 120/90-16" rear, but the front is 100/90-18". I have searched the forum and haven't found specific mention of these tires. however, from what I can tell, the front tire should fit with a fender, though there are comments about it affecting the handling. Is the 100/90 going to make a huge difference, or is it just less than ideal?

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/duro-hf261a-motorcycle-tire?m=147127

Thanks!

A 100 front tire wont be a huge difference. It will throw off your speedometer a little.

I have a Bridgestone s11 (spitfire) 100/90-18 front on my '79 (but also have an 18" rear). It is a tight fit under the front fender, but it fits without rubbing. Only odd thing I've noticed is it makes the bike sit higher overall, so when on the side-stand, the bike leans a bit more...but not excessively so.

Back