Forks & Brakes

SlickRick

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
HI,

Winter project:

New fork oil and seals. Hayes book ok or some tricks to it?

Front Brake. How difficult??

Thanks for any info you can give me for "The Project" :confused::confused::confused

Front brakes were easy enough, assuming you have been driving around, so nothing should be locked up, so it should be very straight forward, between the manual, (download from here) and the various threads, lots of pics here, You will have no problems! Seems to take a photo of each seal as you remove one, most post seem to reflect a "which way does it go back in" question, so If you have a digital photo, you should have no problems at that point. Good luck (the diagram images are just too small to tell if the bigger end of goes towards that side) Luckily for you, someone here has taken those photos,

Hi,

Thanks for the info, as well you know MN, we are starting to get colder here. So as soon I will be taking a few more rides, the project will begin.

Thanks again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi, thanks for the info. I hope for more riding days this month and start in Nov.
Any body has the best place online to buy the parts I'll need?

Thank again, MN\. Robbinsdale anywhere close to WI border??

Thank again, MN\. Robbinsdale anywhere close to WI border??

I haven't quite yet moved, but I the yellow jacket guy riding the XS from Hudson WI to MSP airport for the last few weeks. Robbinsdale is north and west of Minneapolis, 37 miles from Hudson, WI.

Any body has the best place online to buy the parts I'll need?

Something like kits, I would look at Amazon, eBay. MikesXS, probably in that order. then the more OEM stuff, I would look at http://www.powersportsplus.com/ first, they seem to have the consistent lower cost for parts and gaskets. I have purchased a gasket kit from eBay that wasnt too expensive. I also use Google Shopping and take a look around with that. Some sites pop up more often, Minnesota has Hitching post, which is good for some immediately obtainable parts, (washer for neutral switch sensor) oil filter. I have picked up Voltage reg from Oriellys Auto parts, (Oil filter there too) for the bike. Hope that helps
Tobie

Hi, thanks I will start ordering the parts now. Who knows if we will get another season of warm weather.

MN not too far from WI. I took a trip up 35 to La Cross a week or so ago, it's a great ride along the Mississippi river.

Okay got to start looking for parts. :bike:

Back