Found our cat after it went missing for 8 weeks

Greasey Fingers

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Heres a great story I thought i might share. I recently went to eastern europe with my girlfriend, anyway we left the cat at her dads house. And it ran away after a few days, my girlfriend was pretty upset because that cat really loves her and she felt bad he was on the street.

Anyway to cut a long story short we went looking for him last night, keep in mind this neibourhood is around 20klm from our house so we werent really holding much hope in finding him. We went up and down streets calling him and shining torches into bushs looking for him. After looking around a fair bit we were on pur last street we were gonna search for the night.

We went to the end and didnt find him and decided to call it a night and as we were walking back down that street we heard a little 'meow'. We were all is that him,cant be?' Then we shone the torch under a car where it came from and it looked just like him. Not in bad condition either, he was fat??!! But had a limp, not bad for 8 weeks lol.

So she called him and he slowing came and sniffed her to make sure who it was and then she picked him up and stayed there, i went back and got the car, picked them up and we all went home:)

This is the ultimate story with a happy ending, its like a fairytale. It was unbeleivable, lol.

lol, yeah it was good. Oh yeah I forgot to mention one other interesting part of the story. Where we found him he actually had made friends with the local cats. When my girlfriend was standing there with him, after a while two bigger cats came out who were nice and friendly. I think they took him under theyre wing, I think he must have been eating with them too cause they were also fat. But yeah, when they came out its like they knew what was happening and came to say goodbye to him.

Reminds me of this forum....sometimes we get lost and the other cats take us under there wing and get us through until we get home. Hahaha Kind of a stretch I know but I couldnt resist the analogy. Glad you found yer kitty...poor baby.

hmmmm...ive been watching the cat over the past couple of days.....i think hes an imposter! :umm:
He ran away from home and joined the cat equivalent of a motorcycle gang.

Just like someone who is sent to prison and comes out a better criminal, a kitty who joins a cat gang is going to come home with a Garfield complex bigger than when he left.

hmmmm...ive been watching the cat over the past couple of days.....i think hes an imposter! :umm:
He ran away from home and joined the cat equivalent of a motorcycle gang.

Just like someone who is sent to prison and comes out a better criminal, a kitty who joins a cat gang is going to come home with a Garfield Complex bigger than when he left.

Well now you mentioned it i have noticed some 'attitude' coming from him. And now he eats just ANYTHING...potato,avacado skins, walnuts,brocoli??! I never seen anything like it:shrug:

Back