Frame hoop

SussexSlammer

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Off chance, would a frame hoop for the 650 work on the 400? There's a bunch of xs650 frame hoops on eBay, but I haven't had much luck finding one for the 400

Working class choppers. You sound like you'd know what I should be looking for haha. Any ideas on premades? Or should I just consider bending my own

Sitting here listening to a Pink Floyd cover band answering your post so if I get a little side tracked Please forgive me. If you have access to some general hardware or a steel supplier some where you may be able to convince them to bend you one. The steel isn't anything special It looks to be about 25 - 30 mm with a 4 mm wall. It should be fairly easy to bend even with a small roller type bender. A custom exhaust shop might be able to help if they can bend tubeing.

I plan on taking it to a local place to have it welded while the carbs are gone through. It shouldn't be too difficult from how it sounds. Then again, I'm roughly 15 pabst deep listening to the Styx. My brain feels like a bag of tapioca pudding.

I'll butt in here with a suggestion. Might be worth checking in with a good hydraulic supply shop, one that makes up hydraulic hoses for equipment like backhoes and such. Many of them have the capacity to bend the size of steel tubing that you are working with on this project.

I never would have thought of that! Luckily for me, I used to work at one. Sadly, they don't even touch hard piping anymore. All that eaton hose stuff these days. Looks like I'll have to wait and have the fab guys make one up. They've built a cafe or ten, so I'm pretty confident that it'll look nice once it's all done. By then the exhaust will be all set to go as well and the new rubber should be mounted. I'm pumped to get this thing back and running right again.

Back